Dems Lost Ground More Than GOP Gained

Supporters of U.S. Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton watch results at her election night rally in Manhattan, New York, U.S., November 8, 2016.  REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Despondent Democrats view Donald Trump’s astounding victory as a sign of the apocalypse, with their beachhead of White House power suddenly engulfed by a tidal wave of angry populism. Triumphant Republicans, on the other hand, feel energized and exultant over the electorate’s unexpected right turn, with newly mobilized hordes surging to the polls to power GOP victories at every level.

In the midst of such emotional reactions to the recent contest, both sides should take a few deep breaths and pause for a closer look at the actual numbers that emerged from the election. These figures provide little reason for Democratic desperation, and scant basis for swelling Republican confidence in facing the future….

Read full column at USATODAY.COM

1. Nani  •  Nov 15, 2016 at 3:12 pm

The good news is that the two party system remains in tact: Democrats and Trumpers. The rest of us are free to judge or not. We can sit back and watch both parties explain, cajole, and excuse their parties. We need not spend time defending any person or ideology, nor try to understand. For years, I spend endless energies trying to get my liberal colleagues to comprehend why their ideals, while laudable was just not practical. I did the same on the right. This election has taught me that both sides have their "ugly" people and talk isn't as mighty as we were led to believe in school. As I eventually gave up trying to persuade my Liberal friends; I now do the same to the right. It appears that each has to learn the saying to be careful what you wish for.

At this point, I look forward to the wall Mexico will pay for, the 11 million illegals that will be sent packing, the jobs that will appear, Roe vs Wade being overturned, Obamacare a thing of the past, and corruption disappearing from the government.

At least that is what I'll tell myself when strawberries are $21 a pound, millions are laid off as foreign owned companies are sent packing, abortions are restricted to a Liberal state nearest you while millions in law suits are paid by the government, millions lose insurance with nothing to exchange for it, and Trump's pals get rewarded.

And before anyone accuse me of not being a conservative, you're right, I'm not a Trumper and that IS what a conservative is nowadays.

2. Franco  •  Nov 15, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Nani… You fool.
    Name one LEGITIMATE CONSERVATIVE that's not PRO-LIFE
    Name one LEGITIMATE CONSERVATIVE that voted for Obamacare.
    Name one LEGITIMATE CONSERVATIVE that's against the rule of law.
    Name one LEGITIMATE CONSERVATIVE that's against border security.

Your problem is, you have NO IDEA WHAT A CONSERVATIVE IS.
    You are for lawlessness and anarchy, and the immoral killing of babies.
    You sicken me… Go away!

• Nani  •  Nov 17, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Franco, I normally do not waste my time replying to those who has shown the inability to comprehend, but I must thank you for making me smile today.

If you knew who I was and how I was pro-life before most people even understood the issue; if you knew the role I've played all these years, you'd be embarrassed silly to accuse me of being for killing babies.

Again, since being a conservative now means being a Trumper, I am proud to say I am not a conservative. Your accusations have about as much punch as accusing me of not being a Whig.

• Jimbo  •  Nov 29, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Being conservative means being conservative. Being conservative does not mean being a Trump supporter. He is not a conservative and isn't even really a republican. And I'd gladly pay more for produce if it means fewer illegal immigrants. Strawberries would not go even close to $21 because of fewer illegal immigrants. You sound like a very self-righteous person.

3. Franco  •  Nov 18, 2016 at 7:02 am

Nani…
    Which Republican candidate took a more Pro-life position than Trump?
    Which Democrat candidate was more RADICALLY Pro-Baby-killing than Hillary?

If, you got your way (Hillary President) millions of babies would be killed.

4. Franco  •  Dec 1, 2016 at 9:45 am

Nani would rather redefine what it means to be a conservative by saying Mitt Romney is a conservative, or John McCain. These candidates were not conservative, they were lib-lights…. But, for some reason, that type of non-conservative candidate is acceptable to Nani.
    Please explain.