False Charges of Anti-Semitism

The bitter divisions in American life currently stem from politics as much as from differences in race, religion or economic status. Even tightly connected subgroups endure internal conflicts over President Trump and his policies.

Jewish Americans, for instance, represent less than 2 percent of the national population but that community includes some of Trump’s harshest critics, as well as members of his staff and family, and some of his strongest supporters. Any serious effort to unify the country must proceed one group at a time, and a good place to start would be rejection of absurd charges that the President himself is any sort of Jew hater.

As Israel’s visiting Prime Minister accurately observed, Mr. Trump has a long, unmistakable history of support for the Jewish people. Even if he fumbles questions on anti-Semitism at press conferences, his actions speak louder than any clumsy words, and deserve acknowledgment from all friends of Israel.

1. Oliver Grant  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 11:40 am

It is truly fake news when CNN reports the so-called Anne Frank center for mutual understanding calling Trump administration infected with anti-semitism and anti-American Jewish Voice for Peace accuses it of Islamophobia and anti-semitism. Press widely praises Israel hating Linda Sarsour for raising money for Jewish cemetary but is quite about Pence helping out in person. The Jews who have been coopted by the anti-Islamophobia and Palestine justice movement are not patriots of either America or Israel but answer to different masters.

• Biggav  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 12:12 pm

You're a true moron if you really believe this fake News why is it fake because you don't like what it says that makes it fake you actually listen to that idiot and think that it's fake just because one of the dumbest people to ever get elected anything no he is the dumbest person ever get elected anything says it's fake anybody that backs him should have their American membership pulled I'm not believe that he is a piece of dirt and believe me I'm no left-wing whack-job I'm on moderate I don't agree with f*** none of that stuff gay marriage I'm against all them things I'm all for the pro white thing but he is a bad representative of it he is a piece of dirt

• Doug Drysdale  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Biggav__Learn to write coherently, then maybe someone can give you rartional answers.

• Billy  •  Feb 28, 2017 at 8:14 pm

socialist much?

• Your diction and sentence structure shows your low IQ and infantile stance. Do the public a favor and do not respond to issues far over you're intellect.  •  Mar 7, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Above

• Biggav  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 12:15 pm

This man is trying to take down the American democracy he's pretty much coming out and saying and you people are backing him are you kidding me he will be impeached within a year once McCain gets everybody going against him it'll be like a tidal wave and sweep this idiot back to where he belongs he is a true menace to America and Michael Medved himself is called him that he said he believes Trump is a menace to our constitution to America I used to listen to his radio show every day so for him to back him on anything is is hypocritical

• Kpar  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Punctuate much?

• Billy  •  Feb 28, 2017 at 8:15 pm

more socialist much

• Marvin  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Precisely; the Left constantly steps all over themselves while in a frenzy to condem Trump and still manage to support both sides, or so they would make us think. If anyone is anti Semetic it would be the Left, after all how can you support the Jews and the Arabs both when all the Arabs want is annihilation of the Jews. With the Left always in support of the contributors of violent Islam, I would have to believe their support of the Jews is only a front. After all Obama couldn't get along with them and meddled in their elections in support of the Palestinians. He didn't support anyone else but the countries that backed violent Islam. I do not know if he really thought he was fooling anyone or he just didn't care but his true colors showed in the end. His remnants also show he will be around supporting The Muslim Brotherhood which should be deemed a purveyor of violent Islam and thrown out of this country. Their commitment to force Sharia Law on this country is plain and simple treason.

• june van farowe  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 2:19 pm

I like your connection of Arabs ( in general of course ) as being anti-
        Israel.

• june van farowe  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Where does the press see anti-semitism? You are unclear… is Voice for peace doing the anti semitic stuff? Why is the Ann Frank Center "so called"…about? I guess so-called is your definition, but I never heard of this center. Please explain yourself. Were they quiet about Pence? or quite about Pence?

• Billy  •  Feb 28, 2017 at 8:16 pm

it is a very small left wing group in Isreal thats why the REAL Anne Frank center is in NORWAY

• Kpar  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Oliver, I saw that same interview and was horrified by the unrelenting slander. The hypocrisy of the Left is astounding…

2. BradC  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 11:43 am

Mike, of course much of the criticism of Trump, and republicans in general are not fact-based. It's simply miscreants who want to shout something, however unfounded or absurd, and be heard. It's like a super-charged social media post where they feel validated by how many "likes" they get. Shameful.

3. harold weil  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Yes Michael your point of view is well stated,
    My history has been multifaceted and I believe I have many experiences that you might be interested in hearing about regarding many of the problems our nation is facing. I have international experiences with private firms dealing with foreign governments especially Jewish owned firms working in strategic areas of the world; I also have had a varied religious background that has influenced my politics. I have not been overtly political in the past until now, but longevity and patriotism has influenced my desire to become more involved with today's national problems and world unrest and animosity of various groups towards America. I was mentored by patriotic Americans who served in Europe and the Pacific during World War 2, some of who served under Patton and some who were Eastern Europeans who miraculously survived to start a new life in America. These stories are our history, that are not related to the younger generations; it is a tragedy and speaks of a broken educational system in America. I knew a better and more secure way of life under Eisenhower and Kennedy and Reagan, even Nixon. I attended Eisenhower's funeral and I was in Warsaw when President Ford went to Helsinki in 1975; this was a time when Americans were respected and it was also a time when Americans were cherished throughout the world. I do not participate by email very often, but would consider the written word via US Post Office; If you have a mailing address send it to me and I will respond. My home base is the Chicago area; but I have enjoyed traveling extensively.

• John Train  •  Feb 24, 2017 at 8:06 pm

You sound like an experienced voice…thank you for your remarks.

• Billy  •  Feb 28, 2017 at 8:18 pm

just EMAIL him it works BETTER

4. Suretylink  •  Feb 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Charges of anti-Semitism are laughable from Jews who just supported the most anti-Israel US President in history and joined him in supporting those who support those who terrorize Israel's citizens, if not embrace the terrorism itself.