Fighting Back Against Underage Drinking Should Unite Dems, GOP

The Kavanaugh confirmation fight conveyed one message that Democrats and Republicans should both embrace: America needs to make serious efforts to guard against the very real dangers of teenaged alcohol abuse.

Judge Kavanaugh’s accuser describes a party when she was fifteen and he was seventeen where—if he was actually there—were both drinking, perhaps heavily.

Underage drinking may be common and widely tolerated, but it should be strongly discouraged for three reasons:

*   First, it IS against the law in every state.

*   Second, medical science shows that teenaged brains can be permanently damaged by heavy drinking.

*   Third, teenagers are highly vulnerable to alcohol addiction, with devastating impact on future health and success.

The Kavanaugh case ought to inspire new efforts in high schools and colleges everywhere to fight back against under-age drinking.

It is hardly a “victimless crime.”

1. Captainbinkman  •  Sep 26, 2018 at 3:58 pm

I think this is where the left calls your science racists and that they can drink if they want to.

• Ty  •  Sep 27, 2018 at 12:05 am

I will now reveal how my leftism lead me to self destructive drinking in my youth that has lasted to this day.

By the time I turned 18 years old, I must have had an entire shot glass worth of alcohol, and most of that was in some church during communion, though in truth it was probably just grape juice.

When I got to college, I collapsed to peer pressure from people trying to get me to drink a little. At a party, I downed in ENTIRE 20 oz bottle of smirnoff Ice over the span of 3 hours! Tough stuff, around 5% alcohol. If I remember correctly, I almost felt buzzed.

Then another time, again under peer pressure, I lost a game of speed and surrendered to my loss condition of downing a shot of tequilla. I downed half a shot, it burned my throat like I drank liquid fire, and I finally realized why all those whiskey toting conservatives who inhale so much liquor are so agitated. If THAT is what they drink all the time, no wonder they are constantly enraged. It's like those bulls that have wires tied around their junk.

And that… was the end of my alcohol foray. Aside from that I just do caffeine. I'm quite fond of lattes and iced tea from starbucks and coffee bean.

And that is a story about how leftism makes people into alcohol zombies. I was sooo corrupted.

• Ty needs reading comprehension training  •  Sep 27, 2018 at 11:25 pm

If you carefully read the comment to which you responded, you will notice that the comment did not state directly or indirectly that leftism causes leads people to alcoholism. Look up the term strawman.

2. Ty needs reading comprehension training  •  Sep 27, 2018 at 11:26 pm

The democrats are too busy pushing dope to worry about underage drinking.

• Captainbinkman  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 2:34 pm

I wouldn't even say that. They are too busy trying to punish law abiding gun owners for the actions of bad people. They also don't want bad people to go to jail or have to pay bail. Oh, and everything is Trump's fault, including the weather.

• democrats are degenerates  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 9:13 pm

And too busy asking supreme court nominees what is boofing and devil's triangle. I think we should all just accept the truth – democrats are degenerates.

3. Rizzo  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 8:35 am

Ty’s low reading comprehension is most definitely a problem. However, it might be a low-priority, when considering other issues that plague him. Or, perhaps, it’s the source of many of his problems. It most certainly would help explain his total lack of historical context on every current issue we face.

4. democrats are degenerates  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 9:15 pm

5. Armand  •  Oct 5, 2018 at 5:12 am

Americans are degenerates: how many trillions of counterfeit “QE dollars”, did America pump into the archaic, backward banks so they could monetize amazon into the world largest non profit company that destroys for profit, privately owned hardware stores and other retailers. America is a gangster, bankster state: fake money, fake people, fake businesses built with imaginary money (Tesla, amazon, facebook, google), where the CIA runs its own private equity company IN-Q-Tel.

• Jack okeefe  •  Oct 6, 2018 at 11:41 am

Armand, I think you are at the wrong website. You want to go to inforwars.com. Cut and paste that into your brower address bar; it will get you where you want to be….. inforwars.com