Death of A Nation DVD Advertisement

Kavanaugh Fight Shows Liberal Hypocrisy

U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) indulges his obsession with Judge Kavanaugh's high school yearbook ( Photo: REUTERS/Jim Bourg)

Whatever the final outcome of Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation fight, the struggle has exposed the hypocrisy of Democratic opinion leaders in stark, glaring terms.

They seek to destroy Judge Kavanaugh over uncorroborated charges about drunken teenaged incidents 36 years ago, while they rally behind a sitting Congressman, and their party’s candidate for Attorney General in Minnesota, despite charges from his former girlfriend of physical and emotional abuse this year.

No, I can’t say definitively whether Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser is making false charges. I also don’t know that Keith Ellison’s accuser is telling the truth, despite her evidence from text messages and medical professionals.

The one certain conclusion is that Democratic support for an aggrieved woman’s charges against a conservative, even as they dismiss another woman’s charges against a prominent liberal, demonstrates an appalling application of double standards.

1. Captainbinkman  •  Sep 26, 2018 at 3:44 pm

I value freedom of speech and the presumption of innocence. The democratic party has proven to me that they do not hold these same values and thus will not receive my support or my vote. May your blue wave crash and recede upon the principle of the republic.

2. Nani Tavares  •  Sep 26, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Well I'll say it. I don't believe any of these women. I believe Ford made up a sympathetic story in couples therapy and 6 years later pinned it on Kavanaugh. I believe Ramirez has no idea who did what. And before I believe a word of Swetrick's story, I want to know why she kept attending parties where women were being drugged and raped.

The most horrible thing about this is that it has shown what really despicable people Liberals can be. These are Americans for God's sake and they are trying to ruin a man's life and career for power. They have even gone so far as to say that some people are not entitled to presumption of innocence. The Left has done a lot of things that angered me, but since I get that no party is perfect, for the most part, I've moved on. This political murder has crossed the line. I honestly have no respect for the Left. None. And it is heartbreaking.

• mjones82@hotmail.com  •  Sep 26, 2018 at 9:20 pm

Aren’t the progressive leftists great? They are trying to destroy yet another stupid, old white-guy tradition. 1st. Amendment, 2nd. Amendment, and NOW the presumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty.

Leftists are so novel, and progressive. Destroy all traditions and values and replace them with pure stupidity!

BRILLIANT!

• the democrat party is the permanent home of racism  •  Sep 27, 2018 at 11:32 pm

Among the things that really casts doubt on Ford's allegations is the way her allegations were used to try to derail the whole process. She couldn't just come and testify. They had to make excuses why she couldn't come. And then drag out the decision. And then make ridiculous demands like only the senators could question her and not an independent person. We know why they didn't want that prosecutor questioning Ford. Because it was all political. They wanted election year optics of male republican senators "attacking" a "sexual assault" "victim." The whole thing was a political play from the start. That is why Ford is not believable. If it was really about her civic duty as Ford says, she would have just come and testified.

3. Harvey Homan  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 7:16 am

How many high achieving PTSD sufferers do you know? MS Ford sure didn't look to me like a victim of anything. She was laughing and smiling before the hearing began.

• Ric M.  •  Sep 29, 2018 at 3:32 am

I wonder what meds she takes for her PTSD and Depression? She looked like she was influenced by/with something. I think greed after seeing how much GoFundMe money has come in.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 29, 2018 at 11:38 am

Installing that second front-door ain't gonna pay for itself.

4. nancy Amelia mosono {perrone}  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 4:11 pm

All these Leftist loser cry babies can never grow up! Their mentality doesn't allow it.

5. Nani Tavares  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 4:40 pm

I am livid! Enough already. Take the vote and if Flake votes no, then so be it. We all know that they want the week to bring in more accusations and this will never end. The Kavanaugh family has been thru enough Anyone who thinks that a person should be punished for a crime that no one seems to remember, almost 4 decades ago is simply stupid. And I don't use that term lightly. In fact anyone who insists that "something happened to Ford" KNOWS that there is just too many holes in her story to actually believe that. I have gone from heartsick that my fellow Americans can truly call for a political lynching and doing away with the bed rock of our nation of presumption of innocence to disgust and hatred of the Left. And I am so angry that they've brought me to that point. I don't want to hate; it's a poisonous emotion that eats at one's soul, but there are some actions so evil, one can feel nothing less. This move to destroy America is such an act. It will be along time before I can even think of forgiving them, if ever.

6. Rose Marie Giasolli  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 5:22 pm

This wonderful honest man and good family man is being dragged through the mud, ruining his family life and possibly the rest of his relationship with his wife. I'm so sorry. I was always proud to be an American. Well it's ending. Especially here in Hawaii where we don't even have a 2 party system. In order for someone to run they change parties. There is no Democracy. These men and terrible women who are in power are corrupt and the only thing that matters to them
    is winning, not the people, not the constitution…nothing but power. I'm sick over this and the fact that they overlook everything that went on with Clinton in the White house and Obama's lies and promises that promised to much to the American people and were lies. I always thought we had a intelligent people……honestly I'm starting to doubt that also. They are just gullible. Followers of the people with power. I'm sick of this. I know we still have the best country, what's left of it, but there is still nowhere else to go. There is corruption everywhere. I had great hope for women…but no. Clinton,
    Maxine Waters, Pelosi!! "we should sign and agree then read it"(not sure that's an exact quote. and now our own Mazie Hirono. I still honor our country, our flag, our military, our God and all the good hardworking people of our country.
    These politicians must go. We have given them way too much power. Power makes people corrupt…. Too much power
    makes people very corrupt… That's where this great country is now..run by the very corrupt!

• Tetsu Tanimoto  •  Sep 29, 2018 at 2:08 pm

I completely agree. I’m a Japanese American who is ashamed with these people but especially Madie Hirono! Shame on her but apparently she has no shame! Sorry America but she’s part of the koolaid that is the liberal part of this country.

7. Jonny  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 6:53 pm

This country is divided. One side wants to rule and will do anything to that end. The other side wants to abide by the constitution. Both side call themselves Americans. The left hide behind a brazen ideology – blame the right for what they do. They have been getting away with this for too long. Hard working middle America saw through their lies and voted for a non politician – one who is obliged to no one. He has been a superman since he took office and it is scaring the pants off of the "swamp". He is fighting the left, the GOP, Hollywood, the mainstream media and he is winning!
    The left et al know no bounds to try to defeat him. Patriots need to rally behind him and defeat the left once and for all. Get out and vote! Get your friends out! Save America from the progressives!
    MAGA!

• Dank  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 11:01 pm

MAGA to you Jonny!!! God Bless President Trump!!!! Demoncrats suck!

8. Loren Spiekerman  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 11:16 pm

What is the downside of allowing the FBI to do an investigation into the sexual misconduct allegations? Many conservatives are claiming that there is no corroborating evidence to support Christine Ford's claims. By contrast, progressives will argue that that Christine Ford has nothing to gain by coming forward like this. She has received death threats and had to move her family into hiding. And then there are the other women who made allegations against Kavanaugh.

So let's let the FBI do their thing and we will see what they find. And then we can talk about who is telling the truth and who isn't.

What Michael Medved still can't explain or justify is the treatment of Merrick Garland by Mitch McConnell and the Republicans. There is nothing in the Constitution that says that the Senate's advise and consent role should be dictated by political advantage or a coming election. That seat was held open for more than 400 days. Democrats like myself believe that the Republicans stole a Supreme Court seat that was rightfully Barack Obama's to select.

• Allen Reed  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 2:13 am

So in this scenario of Republicans stealing a seat from obama, would they have been required to vote yes for Garland? What if they had, a block, voted no for his appointment. That is their right. They could've voted no on each nominee until the election (which is basically what they did) the only risk would be angering the country resulting in a loss of seats and/or presidency. I mean obama could've nominated kavanaugh and pulled the rug out from their stunt but he didn't. he picked someone that the majority would never have voted for, so they sat on it until a nominee was presented that the majority would vote for. Just because Obama nominated someone didn't mean he was going to get the votes to confirm him. (Alternatively I guess the Republicans could've found someone to accused Garland of unsubstantiated sexual assault acts and tried ruining his reputation and life as a delay tactic to get closer to the election, but that just seems wrong to me)

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 2:43 am

So the difference between the GOP and the Dems is that one denies a nominee with delay and the other crushes a nominee’s career, life, reputation and honor.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Allen Reed  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Although that does appear to be a difference based on what's happening. The question is why didn't Obama nominate someone that the Republican Senate would have approved. President had authority to nominate anyone. He could even nominate someone with no experience as a judge. But whoever he nominates has to be approved by Senate. Its a check and balance. He can't rubber stamp someone unless Senate is willing and they can't demand he pick anyone specific.
        If the country is in agreement with the President (shown by their voting for his party in Congress) he can get who he wants. If the country doesn't completely agree (him not controlling congress) he has to pick someone that would get passed. Bush had a lady withdraw her nomination when it became clear she wouldn't get the vote from dems congress. So he had to nominates someone different that would. Just because he picked a "moderate" who was slightly less liberal then his first 2 picks doesn't mean opposing majority Senate had to approve it. If he wanted to fill the seat he could've picked a judge the opposing party would've filled. He could've withdrawn nominee and nominated someone different when it was clear the majority wasn't in n favor of his guy.p

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 3, 2018 at 5:20 pm

Allen, I think I get what you're saying. Obama has always been part of the entitled group. He attended exclusive, EXPENSIVE private schools (Punahou is the school of aliis–Hawaiian Royalty). He lived in a mixed race place and experienced very little racism. I think he never thought what he wanted would be rejected. He wanted a Leftist on the courts because the Dems used the courts to push the issues that they couldn't get pass the people.

The truly scary part is that if Kavanaugh isn't confirmed, this type of "borking" will be used for the right and the Left. Really, one part of the three sections of our government will have been neutralize. Sometimes, greed eats brain cells.

• democrats are degenerates  •  Oct 3, 2018 at 1:03 am

I don't remember the republicans accusing Garland of gang rape or asking him about his high school years to embarrass him. Do you? I am sure he did idiotic things in high school. There is absolutely zero comparison between how the republicans treated Garland how the democrats have treated Kavanaugh. Did it embarrass you to have your senators up there asking about boofing and devils triangle? And your comment about stealing the supreme court seat is ridiculous. If it was stolen, then call the police and get it back. Obviously you can't because it was not stolen. The republican senate worked a long shot political strategy and it paid off when Trump was elected. Nothing was stolen and there was no wrong doing. And your comments about what does Christine Ford have to gain are also ridiculous. (1) She will always be a darling of academia after this, which btw is where she works. So she will have all sorts of perks as a result of this. She will get paid a lot to do speaking arrangements on issues regarding womens's rights and sexual assault/harassment. (2) Also, she is a true believer liberal activist, although you would not know it because they scrubbed her social media accounts. I am sure keeping a conservative out of the formerly moderate supreme court seat held by Kennedy and protecting the sacred right to murder unborn babies would be more than enough reward for her for coming forward. And I am sure there are thousands of liberal women who would make this stuff up if they had a connection to Kavanaugh because they have been brainwashed about how important the right to kill unborn children is to womens' rights, Also, you say there is nothing in the constitution that says that the senate can hold a supreme court seat for 400 days. Is there anything that says the senate cannot? Your argument is ridiculous. The Senate is a political body. The check on the senate is that they serve 6 year terms. If the people believe they are abusing their power, they can elect new senators. Also, you say why not do an FBI investigation? He has already been through multiple FBI investigations. The FBI investigation demand was just the democrats last attempt to delay the process while they try to derail the nomination. It was a request made in bad faith. If you want to know why an FBI investigation is not needed go back and listen to crazy uncle Joe Biden during the Clarance Thomas nomination process.

9. Armand Di Meo  •  Sep 28, 2018 at 11:21 pm

I think the attack on Kavanaugh is about one thing and that is abortion. The left knows that if Kavanaugh sits on the Court, their precious Roe vs. Wade is in jeopardy. I have no doubt that Ford has experienced some trauma in her life, since she came across as very vulnerable. However, her testimony against Kavanaugh is uncorroborated. There is not even any corroboration of her character or reputation for veracity. Further, she is hazy on many details. Could it be that she is very impressionable and the left put her up to this? Perhaps Lindsay Graham was right that Ford is just as much a victim as Kavanaugh is.

10. Patrick Miano  •  Sep 29, 2018 at 2:11 am

Every woman accusing a man of a crime should be believed. Unless, of course, she is raped by Bill Clinton, beaten up by Keith Ellison, groped by Corey "Spartacus" Booker, or killed by Ted Kennedy.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 29, 2018 at 11:39 am

Ain't that the sad TRUTH.

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 2:54 am

As a woman, Ford’s little girl helpless act is highly offensive. Women fought for EQUALITY not needing protection (Joy of the View) or to be coddled (“if you need a break or something, just let us know”) I can’t stand men tip toeing around Ford, acting like she can’t be questioned or doubted.

11. Terry Hofer  •  Oct 1, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Shows how desperate the Liberals are.

12. Jim Schwab  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Here is a fantasy scenario that would have been wonderful to hear from a Republican committee member. The comment that didn't happen sounded somewhat like this: "Ma'am, I know this is a tough day for you, but as one human being to another let me give you some advice. We see that you are an educated professor of psychology, however so far you are coming across in a little girl voice using "upspeak" as if you were an adolescent teenager with occasional giggling. Take some time if you need it, and return using your real voice in an adult cadence. This is your time. These chargers are very serious. I want you to seize the moment and deliver your story like an adult. Try to gather yourself. Your credibility is being judged."

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 2, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Beautiful Jim! You must have heard me screaming at my t.v. from across the ocean!

• Allen Reed  •  Oct 3, 2018 at 10:52 am