Losing Her Million Dollar Bet

Senator Elizabeth Warren wants to affirm her Native American identity and to collect a million dollars in the process: President Trump in a rally promised to pay that much if DNA tests could “prove she’s an Indian.” Now she cites tests indicating her genetic Indian ancestry is as much as 1 in 64, or as little as 1 in 1,024.

No, she won’t collect her bet since no recognized tribe in America would accept a single great-great-great-great grandfather as “proof she’s an Indian.” Worst of all, Warren’s insistence on a “one drop of blood” standard for determining ethnic identity is inherently racist; what does DNA mean without history of cultural affinity or communal participation?

President Trump should no longer use the nickname “Pocahontas” on Warren; the designation “Faux-cahontas” is far more appropriate—that’s “faux”, as in phony.

1. Ty  •  Oct 17, 2018 at 8:16 pm

" what does DNA mean without history of cultural affinity or communal participation?"

You are thinking of ethnicity, which can include cultural aspects in addition to ancestry. DNA testing is more focused on lineage. And yes, part of her lineage is having a native american ancestor. As many people in the US do. Even I do, but it's a tiny amount. I took one of those tests awhile back out of curiosity, here are my results.

I expected some of it, surprised by others. But it's a clear example of me being a mixed mutt of a human being. Also, I have very little ethnic affinity to any particular group, that sort of scatter shot not being clearly one thing makes it intrinsically harder for me to identity based purely on racial lines like so many white identitarian conservatives do. Or black people who have some strong black identity. I don't speak korean or know anything specific about the culture. Contrast that to someone like Michael being Jewish, he not only shares a common lineage, but also a series of cultural and religious traditions. That increased affinity is why fellow jews in America can get free trips to Israel, because fellow jews are considered part of the same ethnic tribe, and when that sense of ethnic solidarity is shared, people are more willing to prop each other up who happen to be part of the same thing.

I don't have that. It is empty and hollowed out inside me. Whatever I gravitate towards and who I associate with, it is on non identitarian grounds, at least when it comes to ethnicity. Common interests and ideas are the entire game. Many of you imagine you are much the same, but just like Michael, I am quite certain a great many conservatives are fed off a sense of shared identity, and when that is threatened or too many people who are not part of that background are coming in, they get nervous and more hostile and worried about "losing" something.

I never had an ethnic basis to identify with others to begin with, so it's no loss to me, but so many of you? It's one of the problems you are going to have to solve as conservatives.

• Ty needs counseling  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 11:42 pm

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I. You should like the narcissist Obama. Ty, nobody cares about your genealogy or your obsession with race. I'm sorry that you don't fit in, but it isn't my problem. It is your problem.

• Ty  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 12:54 pm

My problem is that conservatives in the US care a great deal about race (despite claiming otherwise) when it comes to policy attitudes. It's just one variable among many that if not aligned with the body of more conservatives, produces a clear difference in attitude that can be latched onto between the in groups conservatives give a damn about and the out groups they are so indifferent towards.

I think backgrounds are interesting because they can inform where someone is coming from and what motivates them. And yes, things like race and ethnicity can inform that just as much as anything else based on how human beings are built (either by racial affinity or a lack thereof).

If you were a more curious and self reflective person, you might wonder how such things influence others too. I gave the example of Michael and other jewish Americans, but here is another example. Liberal jewish Americans.

That was an article by a liberal american jew, who is opposed to many of the ultra right wing attitudes and policies of Israel, but because of his identity and clear cross cultural religious and social and familial and ethnic ties, can't bring himself to go so far as to boycott Israel.

Without those identitarian ties he'd be much more likely to cut Israel loose.

This is a general phenomena to factor in when it comes to understanding how people are motivated. It affects me too.

I don't share any "white" identity or cultural attitudes (or any other singular ethnic affinity for that matter). There is no fear of cultural/ethnic loss if there are more black and brown people in the US over time. Is that true of the entire breath of the conservative population? Who are mostly white? Where many populate communities that are mostly white? If it's not true for most of them, do you think it's true for MORE white conservatives than liberals? I think it is true, I think "secular" concerns about preservation of "culture" leak into racial shortcuts about cultural baggage much more on the right.

I am not christian, I'm an atheist. Most of my family is christian so there is some cross cultural ties there, but to my knowledge none of them are evangelicals. It's just easier to be more hostile to the latter group, there is little to dull my fury when I see that group rail against other issues I care about. I react with repulsion and disgust at social conservative attempts to send their children to anti gay camps "to make them better" because of the implicit assertion in the act that says there is something wrong with being gay and acting on it.

I share precious little in the way of cross cultural ties to conservatism and conservatives. I consider myself American of course, and there are many different types of Americans, but I too am wrapped up in some identitarian concerns. But so are most of you, and unfortunately, too many of your kind are triggered in negative ways about race, and that particular tendency is not valid.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 2:18 pm

“My problem is that conservatives in the US care a great deal about race (despite claiming otherwise) when it comes to policy attitudes.”

Nice claim Ty….. now how about some examples or evidence for your nonsense?

2. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 1:22 am

Someone said "As a seat on the bus should not be reserved for someone because of their race, neither should a seat at the table of education, job, benefit be taken by someone because of their race."

Elizabeth Warren showed the real truth behind the race card. If it is such a privilege to be White, why are so many people pretending to be a minority?

3. Marlon  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 8:07 am

Sen. Warren should at least be receiving commissions from these DNA test sales.

4. Rizzo  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 9:55 am

These DNA tests are so bizarre.
    I guess to some, there is something interesting about them.
    However, I don’t Understand these people who assign such great meaning to the results.
    I’m less interested in who your relatives were as I am in who you currently are.
    I’m sorry, but you did not inherit bravery from your Zulu warrior relatives from 100’s of years ago. You did not inherit leadership abilities from your long lost relative who fought in the Revolutionary War.
    The whole damn thing is DUMB!

• Ty  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 6:47 pm

I think it's more interesting for people with more mixed backgrounds, because it's genuinely more of a mystery where the lineages come from. I had no idea there was any middle eastern lineage. You are right it does not mean anything grander than a novelty interest. The downside is that even with relatively small dna samples, apparently it makes it MUCH easier to track people based on lineage.

On the plus side, the more people we have genetic sequences for, the more powerful those genome wide association studies become for tracking things like disease and what combination of genes make people more resilient or susceptible to things like heart disease or Alzheimer.

• Ty needs counseling  •  Oct 18, 2018 at 11:44 pm

As you state below, I am sure a lot of these conclusions based on DNA are wrong. But don't bother Ty with the facts. He is too wrapped up in racial identity and his jealousy of white people to care about common sense like you are posting.

• Ty  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 12:57 pm

I wish Rizzos posts were the face of conservatism plastered across the nation. It would make my goals of undermining the grip of the right on this nation easier if more could see the quality of that line of thinking up close.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 3:42 pm

Me too Ty…. me too!
        Because despite the left’s hatred of facts, logic and wisdom, MOST REAL AMERICANS appreciate the TRUTH.

You’re a fraud, who’s only weapon is false accusations of hate, racism and identity politics.

Your poster-boy for leftist, liberal policies is SAN FRANCISCO….. COMPLETE FAILURE!

• Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Ty
        You are incapable of undermining a single point I have ever made. Your delusions of grandeur in being able to pull-off such a grandiose achievement on a national level, is absolutely laughable!
        You pray for Utopia, and you have achieved it, in San Francisco…. not touched by a single conservative/republican within the entire state.
        We have seen your results. They suck Ty…. and basically, so do you.

5. Wilbur Welsh  •  Oct 19, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Obviously, Michael, you don"t understand the concept of "bet". Where in this conversation did she agree to pay him a Million dollars if she WASN'T indian??

6. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 1:25 am

As "fascinating" it is to hear about people's DNA and the pros and cons of getting the test done. It still comes down to this: if being a minority is such a negative that they need special treatment, why are Whites pretending to be minority?

It's a con and the Left has been scamming America for decades.

These past few weeks have been truly amazing.

1- Kavanaugh lynching has shown how truly ugly the Left is–and that they don't believe in presumption of innocence.

2- Shut up Hirano, Spartacus Booker, and Can't play poker Harris displayed the Dems lack of seriousness.

3- Clawing on the doors of the SCOTUS, harassing and bullying and downright physical attacks showed the lunacy of the Left and why they cannot be trusted with power.

4- Attacking Kanye for not "singing" in the Liberal tune and stepping out of the liberal thought and opinion box.

5- White isn't really a privilege Warren outing the race card and the media.

6- Kick 'um in the knee Holder, Be uncivil Hillary, Stock them Maxine gave permission for the Left to show their true colors.

And now a whole bunch of people are making their way to our border…and the questions are: who is funding their food and bathroom needs, why is the Left intent on taking from American children to pay for children who have no rights to be here, why is it our job to take care of the world's poor?

7. Ty  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 4:04 am

In other news, example number 872 of an evangelical showcasing their primary GOD is conservatism, not christ/god.

most corrupted christian population ever, so much conservative politics infused into the people that is what shines through even their televangelists where one would expect more … you know, scripture! Religious teachings, but no, gotta let Trump give the Saudis an out to maintain the relationship, turn the other cheek to the murder of the journalist, and the blood bath in Yemen and mass starvations, they are allies with Israel and hate Iran so its all ok. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, conservative geopolitics squared, christianity? What's that?

Worst, christians, ever.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 8:28 am

"turn the other cheek to the murder of the journalist"
      – Maybe he should create a red-line, and ignore it, like Obama did.

• Toekneemac  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Tell me why, exactly, I should care more about Jamal Khashoggi being killed than an average woman stoned to death in Saudi Arabia?

Seriously, why is HIS life more important to the left?
      Why should our entire saudi arabian foreign policy be affected by this one guy?

• Toekneemac  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 10:40 pm

Some of the most disgusting, vile, pig people I have encountered have been atheists. But that aside, I agree with Ty, we should cut off any and all relations with all or most middle eastern nations based on their brutal behavior. That would play out well for the US I think.
      (sarcasm off)
      Christianity is for a person, geopolitics, is not.
      A very poor point by Ty. Very poor. Pathetic really.

8. Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 8:01 am

"most corrupted christian population ever"?
    Hmmm? Have you forgotten about your very own favorite "Christian", Barrack Hussein Obama, and his hate-filled preacher, Jeremiah Wright?
    Or how about all the leftist "Christians", who will never denounce the most hateful of all, Farrakhan?

No Ty, I think you're wrong…. You leftists have the first-place trophy for "Worst Christians EVER"

• Ty  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 12:24 pm

Wright is bad too, but his influence pales in comparison to the scale of the open political nature of evangelicalism in the US. I'm an atheist now, but as a kid I was dragged to plenty of churches, usually black churches, and it was NEVER about politics and almost always related some general moral lesson backed up by specific scripture.

That is not to say it politics never comes up, maybe it's a California thing and it's more prevalent in other places, like the south where Republicans are explicitly trying to make sure blacks don't vote:

***WARNING*** TYT video from a left wing outlet, steel yourselves, you are exiting the conservative bubble world of pillow fluff narratives about the right and will be exposed to far more caustic assessments. If this is too much for you, run away now.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm

“Wright is bad too, but his influence pales in comparison”
        Ty…. I refuse to believe you are this dumb.
        You leftists elected a President, who attended this hate-filled church. There is no GREATER influence.
        The only equivalent would be if a Republican was elected president after being exposed as someone that routinely attended KKK meetings.

And PLEASE save your BS about exposing anyone to something liberal…. the liberal bias is 90% of EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE.
        It is you, who needs to step outside of your safe, insulated, liberal bubble.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 1:37 pm

And…. once again…. the ONLY EXPLANATION IS RACE.

I can show you statistic after statistic, showing all types of things that negatively impact white people more than black people, but so what? Racial disparities doesn’t necessarily prove anything in term of racial-bias or racism, or anything.

But, I know, it’s a very simple thing, that simple-minded leftists can shout and protest about.

9. Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 8:34 am

The following story TOTALLY explains who the left are, and who Ty is.
    In their oversimplified brain, every ill can be easily explained by cries of "Racism".
    If your not familiar with this story, or maybe you have forgotten, I STRONGLY URGE you to read it.

Vandy Students Protest Hate Crime. Turns Out The Story Was Dog Crap.

10. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Isn't it odd that when the Left wants us to steal from others they claim to do it for "moral" reasons, like feeding the homeless, providing health care for the poor, taking care of all of humanity for their just being human? But when we reject their killing babies for convenience or equating same sex unions with man/woman marriage or holding people accountable for their mistakes in judgment, then they scream "how DARE you Christians!".

They take all the benefits of a Judeo-Christian based society, freedoms, rights, protections but reject the foundation as optional. They see no hypocrisy because their moral compass is fluid and rooted in nothing more than whatever fits their agenda. They do not get that without structure, everything passes and leaves.

I used to feel sorry for Atheist and Liberals. But after Kavanaugh, I realize that they want to destroy America and all that we hold dear. They've finally got us to push back, more, to fight, because it is survival.

11. Rizzo  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 11:01 am

Their moral compass revolves around one single principle… By any means necessary.
    The ends always justify the means for a leftist. Hypocrisy be damned.
    They want to destroy the foundation of America, and they will implement any tactic to achieve it.
    They are pathetic, and God bless Trump for leading a revolution to finally FIGHT BACK and expose these leftists for what they truly are.

Keep up the good fight… we will continue to expose their UnAmerican hypocrisy, and America will WIN. America will be GREAT AGAIN for EVERY US CITIZEN….. blacks, whites, gays, atheists, whoever. We will ALL PROSPER within a GREAT AMERICA!!!!

12. Ty  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Leftists discuss socialism. This should be of general interest to most of you on the right because you have no idea what people on the left actually believe. This is a socialism panel with several rising people of prominence in left wing media and not a single one is a socialist.

Audio is not great, but it's an interesting talk. It veers into plenty of other areas and issues the left is concerned about, LISTEN to what people on the left ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

Then contrast that to what you say we believe in those filter bubble heads of yours.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Ty….
      We listen to what you believe.
      If the left doesn’t believe in socialism, you Ty, must be highly disappointed. You spout nothing but the benefits and the morality of socialism.
      So Ty, which is it? Do we steal from the workers, and “spread” the fruits of their labor, like Obama told Joe the plumber. Or, do you leftists denounce socialism and believe in something else?
      One thing is certain, because you leftists have no foundation in any moral principles, your beliefs are as fluid as your sexuality and gender-identity.
      It’s really kind of pathetic.

• Ty  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Clearly the written word unaided is not getting through that dense conservative skull. Time to switch to cartoons.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Since you like cartoons, and are incapable of addressing simple and direct questions…. you can watch this.

13. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 21, 2018 at 2:32 pm

I bought and watched Dinesh D'Souza's film Death of a nation. It was strangely comforting. At the time of Trump's election, I too was upset so I didn't really "see" the lunacy of the Left. Of course, being a true pragmatist, I was open to Trump's agenda; if it worked, great. Eventually, like most, I was pleasantly surprised at what he has managed to accomplish–and shocked at how easily Trump outed the Liberals.

This film reminded me that despite the Left controlling the media, academia, and entertainment, Americans ARE so free that they can and do think for themselves.

It was nice.

After 2 years of accomplishments and daily harassment from the Dems and their minions, Trump not only showed us that it was more than ok to fight back, he taught us how useless it was to try to understand the Left. It's like trying to be friends with bullies.

Ty doesn't get it. The Left doesn't get it. As I tell my almost 3 year old, I DON'T CARE. I am done trying to make you happy, done trying to come to some kind of peaceful period where EACH of us is pleased. I am no longer buying your pc nonsense, your twisting of words, your guilt trip. You don't like America? Then MOVE, no one is keeping you here. You don't like Trump? TOUGH, we do. Hate Christianity? Sorry, most of us are grateful for their moral compass. Get physical? Remember it is us who has the guns.

Oh it is nice to be an American at a time when Trump OWNS the Left.

• Ty  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 1:09 am

Think for yourselves? Who is it that you think thinks for themselves? You? Conservatives? After watching that slithering bile fountain of a documentary by Dinesh?

He's one of the most disingenuous people among the right, and that is a very crowded field. The fact that you took in his slanted slop and felt like you just bit into cotton candy says so much about how corrupted the right has become.

I'm not moving anywhere. I will continue to live here like a barnacle on conservatism until we uproot your calcified ideas from power. I hate christianity? I don't believe in christianity, but the ones who hate the ideas of christianity most of all are the evangelicals. Because they are conservatives first. Everything else is subservient to that, and then they have the nerve to wrap up their own desires in the cloak of GODS will.

The conceit overflows.

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 1:36 am

Ty, I DON’T CARE. What you say, what you think, what you believe, how delusional you are, what lies you tell yourself. The moment you backed the idea that some people are not entitled to presumption of innocence, you showed that you have nothing to offer.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 8:33 am

Think for yourselves? Who is it that you think thinks for themselves?
        Whatever you say Ty aka NPC.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 8:37 am

Nani
        Notice how Ty hates Dinesh D’Souza because of his hatred of people from different cultural backgrounds and his brown skin?
        Ty hates D’Souza because obviously Ty is a racist.
        I’m sure the entire leftist’s movement hates D’Souza, they are obviously racists too.

• Ty  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 1:13 pm

You don't need to care, my assessment will still be made, my judgments still rendered. I don't expect you or any other conservative to like my assessments, but they are real and much more accurate than you are willing to admit.

I told you and everyone else before, I don't think Kavanaugh should have been prevented from being on the supreme court for his past behavior according to what Ford reported, even though I believe everything she said happened. I would have voted him down purely based on how I expect him to rule on court cases.

Presumption of innocence is not relevant here. He was not facing a criminal trial, we maintain the presumption of innocence under the law for trials and charges from the state because if we are going to use the power of the state to restrict someones freedom, we want a higher standard before punishing the accused because we want to avoid false positives. But stop pretending you give a damn about forming an opinion about someone based on accusations when it comes to job interviews.

Like so many other personality quirks of the human species and ESPECIALLY the conservative sub population, if the accused is "one of us" let's all pretend the new incarnation of christ is being accused, while people like Hillary probably DECIDED to let the ambassador die in Bengazi, presumption of innocence? Please. ONLY for me and Mine.

How many people who are charged with a crime, that are innocent and plead not guilty but don't have the money for bail are sent to JAIL or well over a month of time? Using the power of the state to restrict their freedom, BEFORE any actual convictions. IF you gave a damn about presumption of innocence, you ought to be enraged that being poor means you don't GET the FREEDOM afforded by the presumption of innocence others do. Are you? I wonder.

I suspect a great many who were up in arms over Kavanaugh, who was just up for an important job interview would make the calculation… well, that guy looks like a criminal, he probably did it, best not risk it, send him to jail if he can't pay bail. If he did not want to wind up in that situation, he should not have committed a crime, or been in the area and looked suspicious. Presumption of innocence?

As is so often the case from the party of christ and god and holiness, better to err on the side of punishing the wicked than helping the decent.

Oh, that muslim shot up a night club? Other muslims have murdered people too! Presumption of innocent towards individuals from a muslim background entering the country? From conservatives? Please. The highest number of people that would try to keep muslims from coming in are part of the conservative wing, not the left.

Now, if you want to maintain that is valid based on statistical realities and fears, like the Israelis building walls to keep out murder gangs, fine, but stop pretending you value something you do not in places where you do not.

Be more self reflective. I KNOW I don't hold to a presumption of innocence when it comes to allegations, but I suspect it's easier for me to make assessments on the likelihood of whether someone is guilty or innocent because It's less all or nothing.

I am going to go out on a limb about conservatives as I often do, and suggest that maybe part of the reason it's more important for you to maintai…feign caring about the presumption of innocence, is that it's more consequential for you. If being guilty means having a proverbial scarlet letter stamped on ones face, dragging someone down across an entire life and broadcasting a sense of rebuke and shame for past sins, then it makes more sense that those SOCIAL sanctions that are more eternal and vicious need to be doled out more carefully.

The stakes for me are lower, even if I think someone IS guilty, it's not always something I want to lord over them and hold over them for eternity. There is more of a redemptive streak in my, and probably in liberals towards others, especially people outside our immediate tents.

ILLEGAL ALIEN – been here thirty years and built a life? And? ALL that you are, is defined down and distilled to one illegal act decades ago.

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Rizzo, oh good one. The NPC tag perfectly discribes Ty!

14. Ty  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 3:05 am

Cenk vs Tucker !!!!!!!

with this one, at least with Tucker most of you might be able to hold back clawing your eyes out.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 9:22 am

Cenk aka Chump, should never show his face in public again.
      Tucker absolutely mopped the floor with that pseudo-intellectual.

Thanks Ty…. PLEASE SEND MORE!

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 10:08 am

Young Turks…. LOL!!!!!
        Watch Shapiro CRUSH this clown!
        It’s like Tyson vs. Peter McNeely.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 11:18 am

The best is at the End…. Shapiro debunks for perhaps the millionth time, the leftist’s “Southern Strategy” myth.
        It won’t convince Ty, because he is a NPC drone, but it’s FUN TO WATCH!

The left is totally indefensibly pathetic!

• Ty  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 12:41 am

Shapiro did not debunk the southern strategy, he moved the goalposts and said that that was not what motivated ALL republican voters. No sh*t. It still happened, it was still a strategy by republican leaders, it still had an impact. The vote totals for the 1964 civil rights bill ARE WHAT THEY ARE, and it clearly showed that racial animus was MOSTLY a regional issue, not a party issue, so for republicans to appeal to more voters in the southern region during those times, an appeal to white identity politics made perfect sense.

And for the record, this thread is relevant to modern times.

A quick cataloging of MODERN campaigns and what the candidates of the different parties are focused on. The left at a candidate level (as opposed to some shrill kids on the left end tail of the campus distribution) are not running on racial identity issues, they are running and focusing on universal issues to help a broader section of Americans.

Republicans, conservatives, YOU are the ones obsessed with identity now more than we are. That is just a fact.

#NotAll

And yes, a "deportation bus" are NOTHING but white identity politics, appealing to WHITE conservatives in Georgia, and the smaller number of non white non conservatives in the state ( some black nativists too ) to go around and round up those ILLEGALS and deport them, THOSE PEOPLE are not wanted, they are unwelcome.

not mere illegality, if dems got power and legalized their status, republicans would still be enraged, because the genesis of the animus is NOT them crossing illegally, they don't want them here, they think they are little more than an economic drain, it flows down from an identitarian well.

• Ty  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 12:42 am

Georgia republican governor candidate focus

• Ty  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 12:46 am

inclusive message, not "against" white people, or conservatives, its a message to push for all people to rise and thrive.

That is the democratic candidates message, does that sound like BLACK identitarianism to you? Anti white? anti conservative? Does she sound like Jeremiah Wright?

Please say yes and even Nani will know you are a liar. God, if you are real, look at your children, see how easily they lie.

• Ty  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 12:52 am

We are not done, there is more.

He says merry christmas! What a patriot! So do liberals, but they don't feel the need to declare that in a virtue signaling fest to make it crystal clear I'm A CHRISTIAN JUST LIKE YOU ALL, I'm like you, so vote for me. IDENTITY appeals. All the way down.

Reject the analysis all you want, it's plain as day to anyone that does not have their head stuck up their #%$.

As far as I can tell, I don't have any reason to think he is personally some sort of anti other identitarian aside from immigration, I'm sure he wants everyone in Georgia to thrive, but pay attention to what he thinks he needs to appeal to on the conservative side to win the day, to get more conservatives to turn out. What does that say about you and your movement? Are you proud of this?

• Rizzo  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 8:07 am

FACTS
        Southern Strategy Myth DESTROYED AGAIN.
        – It ain't what you believe or what you don't know that gets you into trouble, Ty. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so.

Reddit articles, written by barely literate fools have no meaning whatsoever.

If Stacey Abrams is going to win, she better get her Undocumented Immigrants to vote and be part of her BLUE WAVE.

Identity politics? Being a US Citizen is now identity politics? Suggesting that illegal aliens follow the law, is now identity politics?

Oh, I guess laws only apply to old, white guys, who are US Citizens.

Pathetic stretch Ty…. even by your incredibly low standards.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 8:12 am

Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams said Tuesday that the “blue wave” is comprised of “undocumented” immigrants, among many others.

Abrams’ comments are not entirely unfounded though, considering that earlier this week, an internal audit revealed that the California Department of Motor Vehicles had illegally registered roughly 1,500 individuals to vote, included non-citizens.

And this is THE LEFTIST'S STRATEGY.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 4:26 pm

BTW TY, you leftists don’t say Merry Christmas.
        You hate Christmas. You say something meaningless, like happy holidays.
        God forbid somebody say something controversial, like Merry Christmas or do something like stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
        It is total fair-game for a candidate to point-out these fundamental differences.
        If you hate America, expect to get called out on it!

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 10:37 am

These videos are totally illustrative of today's left. There is literally ZERO serious intellectual voices or thought coming from that side.
      Perhaps one exists, but they are being drowned-out by the likes of Cenk, Rachel Madcow, Bill Maher, etc., etc., etc.

15. Mark  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 6:59 am

Michael likes Fauxcahontas, I like Lie-awatha.

But my personal favorite is Dances With Facts.

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 1:15 pm

Mark, oh I agree, “Dances with facts” is beautiful! She showed the lie of The race card.

16. Jarrod  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 3:36 pm

First of all, there is no reason to suspect that Trump knows who Pocahontas even is outside of how she is portrayed in the Disney movie he has probably watched. Because he is astoundingly ignorant about history (and most everything else), because he never reads and thinks he already knows everything. He also intended it as a slur, since he still harbors hostility towards Native Americans because their casinos succeeded while his failed.

Secondly, I support Elizabeth Warren. This was always a minor controversy blown out of proportion by conservatives. It is comical in a sense, and I laugh at many of the jokes that have been made about this (like someone who said they were remaking Last of the Mohicans, starring Elizabeth Warren). I support her because of her incredible record of advocacy for students and consumers. The anti-corruption bill she is currently sponsoring. You find me a Republican who will grill criminal banking executives and the CEO of Equifax as Warren did, or a Republican who proposes lowering interest rates on student loans to roughly 1-2% (or less, since she noted there was virtually no interest on the billions in loans given to bail out Wall Street) and that would be a Republican I'd be inclined to support.

Thirdly, the tired old argument of Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan and their connections to Obama. Consider that there are many equivalents of Farrakhan within the ranks of evangelical Christianity. Robert Jeffress. John Hagee. Franklin Graham. Jerry Falwell Jr. Tony Perkins. James Dobson. Pat Robertson. Not to mention transparent frauds and hucksters like Kenneth Copeland, Paula White, Creflo Dollar, and Joel Osteen. Consider how many of these scumbags currently surround and exert influence over Trump.

Thirdly,

17. Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 3:59 pm

We have another NPC.
    I pray to God that Warren runs. She is a JOKE!
    Lastly, Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson and the likes are like Farrakhan and Wright in what way?
    There is no comparison, ya Mo-Ron.

• Jarrod  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Where to start? Robertson blamed the attacks of 9/11 on America itself, saying America deserved the attacks upon it, and that the people of Haiti deserved their earthquake or suggesting that it would not have happened to them if they had not rejected god by practicing voodoo. He preaches hatred against gay people quite literally every day. Just like Farrakhan preaches hatred against Jews (and gays). He supported Charles Taylor in Liberia. And Efrain Rios Montt in Guatemala. Now tell me what the difference is between what Robertson said about 9/11 and what Ward Churchill said about 9/11?

Let's talk about Robert Jeffress. He believes that the Catholic Church is a satanic heresy. Believes Jews are going to hell unless they recognize Jesus as the real messiah. Believes Mormonism is a wicked cult.

John Hagee has ranted about international banking conspiracies and mentioned the Rothschilds. Also believes Catholicism is a satanic heresy. Talks about the government rounding up and executing gay people. That stay-at-home dads will go to hell. Believes most Jews will perish in the End Times and that they brought the Holocaust upon themselves because of their disobedience and that god was using Hitler to punish them.

Farrakhan by the way encourages black men to stay at home and raise their children and has shown a commitment to social programs that get black men off of drugs and out of gangs. In essence, he makes the same claims that conservatives do about the worst problems facing black communities.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 5:18 pm

Which president attended their churches?

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 5:27 pm

BTW…. even if you were 100% accurate, there is still NO COMPARISON.

18. Jarrod  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Tell me how those views are any different or worthy of less criticism than Farrakhan's? OK to hate gays but not Jews? All of the gentlemen I mentioned have endorsed every Republican candidate in the last decade or so. And they usually attend CPAC and the Values Voters Summit. You will have to specify just why you think Farrakhan is worse. Also, Franklin Graham is clearly in it for the money, and his father was a well-known anti-Semite. You know how Jesus felt about people who would exploit religion for monetary gain Mitt Romney, by the way, was a member of the Mormon church when it preached, as a fundamental tenet of its theology, that black people were a separate and inferior species. I don't remember all the "Jeremiah Wright is bad" people even remotely condemning or questioning Romney about that association.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 22, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Your characterizations of these people are misleading at BEST.
      However, they can support whoever they want. Farrakhan and Wright are despicable in their own right, but it’s not their support of Obama that makes the situation bad, it was Obama’s support of them. Reverend Wright performed his wedding ceremony for God’s sake…. don’t be dumb with your pathetic conflations.

• Jarrod  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Please explain how I apparently misrepresent the views of the gentlemen I mentioned? All of the aforementioned gentlemen now have a great degree of influence over Donald Trump, and he does what they tell him to do. Perhaps you want a government run by religious fanatics. It is like a Christian version of sharia law. John Hagee quite literally argues in favor of government-enforced morality. I would agree with you that Farrakhan is despicable. However, after listening to several hours of sermons from Jeremiah Wright, I don't see how he can be placed in the same category as Farrakhan, but then conservatives attack anyone who dares to criticize glorious and perfect America. And you still have yet to answer my point about Mitt Romney and his overt association with a racist organization.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Jarrod, be more of a Jarrod, and less of a Nimrod.
        Who has EVER suggested anywhere on any thread here, that they preferred or wanted a government run by religious fanatics?
        Please give us some form of evidence that shows Trump is influenced by any religious person.

I mean seriously, WTF are you talking about?
        And now Romney is a racist too?
        That’s what’s great…. Romney would be destroyed by that spurious claim. That BS don’t work with Trump.

19. Jarrod  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 5:06 am

Well, his decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem was completely inspired and encouraged by evangelical Christians. As was his trans military ban, which he decided upon after one of his White House meetings with Tony Perkins. His promises to repeal the Johnson Amendment, which has not happened yet and perhaps never will, but he keeps saying he will get rid of it. Privileging Christians over every other religious group. He meets on an almost weekly basis with people like Robert Jeffress and Franklin Graham. Selected one of the country's most virulent homophobes as his VP. Evangelical Christians are pushing for war with Iran, and Trump may very well take us there. And I mean, really, Romney had every opportunity to denounce the Mormon church for its racism, which is extensively well-documented, going all the way back to Brigham Young. I mean if you want to blast Obama because he was a member of a racist church, you should also bash Romney for the same thing. Not only that, but if you are a Mormon, the authority of your church's leader is absolute, and transcends both the authority of the President and the Constitution.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 8:33 am

The US Embassy's move to Jerusalem is proof of NOTHING, other than Trump actually follows through with with his promises. As I'm sure you know, Nimrod, almost EVERY one of his predecessors made those same promises.

Trans Military Ban – Trump said that he based his decision on the recommendation of Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who formed a panel of military experts to study the issue.

The Johnson Amendment refers to a provision in the U.S. tax code that prohibits all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates. Section 501(c)(3) organizations are the most common type of nonprofit organization in the United States, ranging from charitable foundations to universities and churches. HOW WOULD ITS REPEAL "Privilege Christians"?

There is ZERO EVIDNCE that Trump regularly meets with religious leaders.

You are just truly misinformed. PLEASE STEP OUTSIDE YOUR BUBBLE.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 11:52 am

Why would Romney apologize for shit that he had NOTHING to do with and you say happened back in Brigham Young's days?
      Obama won't apologize for shit that he PERSONALLY participated in, less than 10 years ago.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Obama, that M/F'er hung-out with terrorists.
        Seriously…. no comparison.
        And… you GD NPC's elected him twice.

PATHETIC!

20. Jarrod  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 1:14 pm

Well, all of Trump's predecessors also took the consequences into consideration. But if you look into it, evangelical leaders like Graham and Falwell Jr told Trump that this was something that must be done for him to retain evangelical support. You could not expect Trump to know anything about the long history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or even anything about the Jewish folklore of the Old Testament, since he clearly has not read the Bible. But evangelical Christians wanted the embassy moved to Jerusalem and the proclamation that Jerusalem is the undivided capital of Israel because that is one of the key conditions in End Times prophecy. These fanatics want to accelerate the destruction of civilization so they can be raptured into heaven. The Jews are just pawns to them and nothing more.

As for the trans military ban, well if Trump said that it must be true. Since he is a pathological liar, and since Secretary Mattis and the Pentagon expressed total surprise when his tweet about the ban first appeared, it is clear that he had never discussed it with Mattis or any other senior ranking military official prior to his announcement of the ban. And Mattis has expressed opposition to imposing the ban, which is not only cruel but not based on any actual evidence, that somehow trans individuals are unfit for service. It was also overwhelmingly condemned by retired generals, and men and women who have served and are currently serving in the armed forces. The party that claims to respect the troops sure don't extend much respect to troops who are gay or trans.

Christians, particularly those like Hagee and Ralph Reed, have complained that the Johnson Amendment limits the free speech of Christians, because it essentially threatens to revoke a church's tax-exempt status if a church, or rather the church's pastor, makes a political endorsement. Most other entities that are tax-exempt are basically forbidden from engaging in any type of political advocacy and are more or less required to remain politically neutral. Churches feel that they should be the exception to this. Of course, if you preside over a ministry that makes nearly $100 million a year and do not have to indicate how much of that money is actually used for charitable purposes, and you can buy an $8 million home and not pay any property taxes because of the parsonage exemption, and you can buy private jets and luxury cars with ministry funds, like Kenneth Copeland does, then I think you should be heavily taxed unless you give ALL your ministry revenue to the poor, which is what Jesus instructed his followers to do.

Franklin Graham and Robert Jeffress are at the White House or on the phone with Trump multiple times a week. You could say they serve almost as unofficial advisers. Since Trump has no core principles or ethical commitments, he was a blank slate molded by evangelical leaders into the ideal candidate for evangelicals, despite the fact that he is the physical embodiment of the 7 Deadly Sins and is exactly the opposite of everything Christianity is supposed to stand for.

As I stated, The Mormon church was openly racist from the moment it was founded by Joseph Smith, with the racism intensified by Brigham Young, and the church was officially a racist organization until the late 60s, by which time, because of the Civil Rights Act, it had to abandon its racist tenets to preserve its tax-exempt status, just like it had to abandon polygamy for Utah to be granted statehood. Romney claimed the church had undergone a sincere transformation on the issue, which is complete bullshit when you consider the timing. Not to mention that Romney, professing to be pro-life, had a business relationship, from which he made millions, with a company that disposed of aborted fetuses as medical waste. Not to mention he was pro-choice when he was governor of Massachusetts. And implemented a system of universal healthcare. But I suppose his "conservative" credentials are impeccable.

21. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Rizzo, you do realize you are wasting your time? Anyone who believes that only select people are entitled to presumption of innocence lost their moral compass. Since preaching based on a morality that they deny for themselves but insist on holding conservatives to is all they have, they really have nothing to offer.

Unless Jarrod and Ty (or any American) condemns what was done to Kavanaugh and the idea of presumption of innocence, they show themselves to be and remains your tag: NPCs and as such incapable of coherent and independent discussion.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Yeah, I know…. you’re right.
      Only Conservatives and Republicans are guilty, and must apologize.
      Libtards aka NPC’s are holier than thou art.
      Let’s start building their statues now, so some future libtards with different values and beliefs can tear them down.

22. Captainbinkman  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Speaking in political strategy. This was a really dumb thing to do. I highly doubt Democrats will be successful given the numerous blunders. You can cite the polls all day long, but if you ignore trends your missing the bigger picture. Heck I might be wrong, but I'm thinking the Republicans are going to win the house and the senate. It's just not looking good for Democrats especially when they are so focused on a benign issues such as Senator's Warren's ancestry. I actually think that Trump should pay 1 in 1024 of the amount owed… about $28 right?

23. Jarrod  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Conservatives don't really to value presumption of innocence either when talking about Democrats or about victims of police brutality. I happen to think Bill Clinton is guilty of rape. And other sexual crimes. But so too is Donald Trump. They both attended parties hosted by the notorious pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. I also think Kavanaugh was guilty of numerous episodes of misconduct and clearly lied about what did happen back when he was in high school and especially college. Just like conservatives don't really value the 4th Amendment when they advocate for stop and frisk. Or when they supported enormous expansions of government size and power under George W Bush. And massively expensive wars. I don't engage in idol worship. We can have a thorough discussion of Obama's flaws and failed policies. But it's just interesting to me that conservatives are unwilling to criticize their own political figures in any significant way. Given the kind of person I am, I would never be accepted by conservative ideology or the Republican party, so I will always have an outsider's perspective, but it is important to understand what the other side thinks. Knowing your enemy as it were.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Yeah, we know the enemy, Zack de la Rocha…. unfortunately, you leftist roaches have infiltrated every aspect of life as we know it.

24. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 25, 2018 at 12:11 am

Again, the tell tale sign is if someone won't condemn the idea of only some people, under certain circumstances, are entitled to presumption of innocence. That is the bedrock of our rights and non negotiable.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 25, 2018 at 8:00 am

Preprogrammed NPC Response:

Trump Bad
      Trump Dumb
      Trump doesn’t know history
      Trump Racist
      Trump and all Republicans like war