My Most Significant Thanksgiving

cards
A few of the hundreds of cards Michael received from listeners and friends

This year, Thanksgiving carries special significance for our family.  Just two weeks after celebrating the holiday last year with our closest friends, I was unexpectedly diagnosed with Stage 3 throat cancer. That began a process of treatment that included seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy, with three weeks in the hospital, and eleven difficult weeks when I was unable to work.

Thanks to world-class medical care, and the prayers of tens of thousands of listeners, the outcome over the last 11 months has been everything I could have hoped. I’m grateful to God, and to all of you; even for skeptics who don’t believe in answered prayers, you can’t doubt that those good wishes lifted my spirits and helped my recovery.

This year, I’m not only grateful for health, but for illness and recovery, which provide a deeper understanding than ever before that every year, every day, is a gift beyond measure.

1. Preston  •  Nov 10, 2015 at 4:56 am

When Medved announced his diagnosis earlier this year, I lost it for a moment as I imagined a life without my hero on the air. It was a frightening experience.

I think I speak for many fans when I say, Michael, we went through your illness with you. We shared the pain of your diagnosis, the fear of your treatment, and certainly the excitement of your return. You have an army of us out here rooting for you every day, and we are truly thankful for your recovery.

2. Michael  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 1:44 pm

May God bless you and Diane richly!!

3. Dan Strutzel  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Michael, I am so thankful that you are healthy and back on the radio (since April!). You have made a profound difference in my life. Now, I don’t take a single “Medved Show” for granted. May you have many, many more healthy years with your family—-both your immediate family and your extended radio family.

You Medhead For Life,

Dan Strutzel (“Dan from Chicago”)

4. Stephen Fenster  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Michael:
    Sheila and I enjoyed your daily shows and were curious when you were off the show without an explanation or that we missed. Now that you are back, we are thankful for your recovery.
    Regards.
    Steve and Sheila Fenster

5. Mal Tomlin  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 2:35 pm

The LORD Bless – I depend on you for reliable cultural and political analysis.

6. Vickie  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Michael you are the voice of reason on conservative talk radio. I don’t always agree with you, but I appreciate your point of view. I listen to you every day during my lunch hour and I was so happy when you returned to work after your illness. You do indeed have much to be thankful for. As do we all! I have listened with joy as your voice has improved and returned to normal! Thank God for your recovery! Many blessings to you and your family.

7. Wayne "Pat" Davison  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Michael!. You are OUR “Plymouth Rock”! I’ve been a faithful listener for many years now and I hope to hear you for many years to come! Keep up the GREAT work you do for everyone and may the peace of the Lord be with you always! We love ya! I know you are Jewish, but what the hey…Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! and Happy Hannika (sp?)……………..Thanx,……..Pat in Renton

8. Beano McReano  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Are you a smoker?

• Medved Team  •  Nov 30, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Easy to answer–Michael has never smoked anything.

9. Susan Marzorati  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Dear Michael, just want to say your recovery is definitely one of the many things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving. I prayed for you every day, and I’ll never forget the day I heard your voice — slightly different but unmistakably you — back on the air. May God continually richly bless you and your family.

10. brian  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I’m grateful God restored ur health. God bless u and ur
    family.

11. Laura  •  Nov 25, 2015 at 10:44 pm

You are the best on radio and a much needed voice of decency in this world. Thank God you are in good health and may you be that way for many, many years to come. And thank you for all that you do. Please keep doing what you’re doing!

12. Deborah  •  Nov 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

God is Good!
    I am very grateful that you are healed. You are a beacon of hope for so many of us.
    Thank you.

13. Judith Torres Nelson  •  Nov 27, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Each program is a beacon of common sense, thoughtful and informed wisdom with a godly foundation. I’m a better person for having listened daily or as I can, with a busy teaching schedule. And when you wish Sabbath greetings I warm, to that. As a Seventh-day Adventist (and proud of Dr. Carson whether he attains the Executive Mansion or not), we share the wondrous blessings of the holy ‘temple in time’ Sabbath rest provides. Shalom!

14. Sela  •  Nov 29, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Michael – thanking God right along with you and for you!

15. Lois  •  Nov 30, 2015 at 6:05 am

Praise God for this glorious outcome to your year of treatment, prayer and struggle! I rejoice with you!

16. Medved Team  •  Nov 30, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Thank you for your kind comments! We made sure Michael received them–he was grateful and greatly encouraged.

17. Linda and Fred  •  Dec 2, 2015 at 2:06 am

In an effort to not be redundant, we echo so many of the heartfelt thoughts expressed above. We are grateful that you still occupy (alive and well), a significant place on this planet and wish for you and Diane many, healthy, meaningful years of Simcha, Nachas from your children and the grandchildren to come, bez”H.
    Keep talking to all of us… because we need to hear your voice! L’ Chaim!