“No Escape” from the Clichés of Hollyweird Leftism

FILM STILL - NO ESCAPE - THE COUP

Even a bad, silly movie can unwittingly illustrate the toxic anti-Americanism that poisons too many Hollywood productions. NO ESCAPE is a would-be thriller starring Owen Wilson as a good-natured American who takes his wife and daughters to an unidentified Southeast Asian country for a new corporate job; Pierce Brosnan is a tough, cynical, British operative who tries to protect the family from rampaging mobs in the midst of a revolution. These zombie-like radicals try to slaughter every westerner they see, but the brutality takes one brief break for a preachy on-screen explanation of the violence, blaming it all on evil corporations and the American government they supposedly control.

NO ESCAPE shows great sympathy for one threatened American family, but no sympathy at all for the nation that produced them. The impulse to blame the US for bloody excesses in the third world that began long before America even existed, is an uncontrollable, idiotic instinct of the Hollyweird left.

Tags:

1. Annie  •  Sep 1, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Yes, any “sympathy” one was supposed to have for this family pretty much disintegrated by the movie’s end, as we were told that they, and evil corporations were to blame for the insurgents angst. Stupid idiotic movie.

2. American  •  Sep 1, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Are there any families left, on the left, in the U.S.? The statistics I see aren’t good. Most have disintegrated into single parent households filled with immoral, an often drug addicted, denizens who replaced God with government long ago.

• rachel  •  Sep 26, 2015 at 11:29 am

Gosh. I’m certainly glad I don’t live where you do.

3. roger  •  Sep 2, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Annie…..I hear you frequently on the shows I listen to……you are very articulate and usually right IMHO…but not always….your support of trump leaves me thinking I’d really like to talk to you about that….but please keep calling Annie….

4. Paul  •  Sep 3, 2015 at 4:32 pm

I really cannot disagree with Mike’s assessment. I saw the movie one week early in a sneak preview invite. I could not find a good word for the relentless pursuit of the locals that were after everyone, “Zombies” is just perfect. The big business references made during the small break in the relentless pursuit plays right into the typical holly-left sided mindset. The movie was predictable and could of ended after 20 min as nothing was added to the other hour and change minutes that we were left to watch. Not to give it away to much….why didn’t the relentless terrorists just jump across the buildings like the family did to escape the initial attack?

5. Jim  •  Sep 16, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Can’t say I disagree with the assessment. There’s the typical leftist dichotomy of stupidity. So the eeeeeevilll American Corporations, in cahoots with the Gruberment go in and destabilize the country so they can take over “the water supply”– then bankrupt the country so we’d “own” them. Please… if that were the case, don’t you think we’d already “own” lots of 3rd world crapholes? As usual with the left, reality is 180 degrees the opposite– Shouldn’t we “own” Iraq? Kuwait? Saudi? Haiti? I did see this, and actually was drawn into the (unrealistic) action as it was brutal (a bit too much for my wife who wanted to leave)– but wanted to know how it would end. Had they left the leftist preaching out– I might actually have appreciated the action for sake of action.

6. Brian Harmon, Retired Econ Professor  •  Sep 22, 2015 at 2:43 am

I am hard pressed to know whether I should go see this action movie/leftist propaganda so that my opinions will be backed up by my own observation, rather than just taking Michael Medved’s word for it.
    He didn’t EXACTLY say don’t go see it, so maybe I should.
    But I will probably leave the theater mad, and that’s not good for my heart, right?
    Advice, anyone?????

• ConradCA  •  Sep 25, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Don’t go. You would be supporting the progressive fascists who made this movie.

7. Bob  •  Sep 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Put the blame where it belongs. Hollywood, the media, and Madison Avenue have been brainwashing us for decades to hate evil corporations, distrust the Police, the CIA, and even hold the Secret Service and Military in disrepute.

The best revenge is leading a good life: play fewer video games, live less vicariously, and don’t waste your money or your prescious limited time on earth going to movies such as this.

Medved serves as a valuable filter in this regard.

8. !mark Allre  •  Sep 26, 2015 at 3:56 am

I appreciate Michael’s warning against seeing this “action film”.
    I recall that the NAZIs somehow won a whole generation of Germans over to their murderous philosophy largely through carefully crafted propaganda.

One cannot view this sort of material and remain totally untainted. My advice, therefore, is take warning and stay away from danger. The world is already full enough of murderous philosophs who believe that the world would be better off without everyone who believes contrary to them.

• rachel  •  Sep 26, 2015 at 11:31 am

the Nazis did not convince Germans to unleash WWII because of some movies. There are a lot of really good books on this subject but the reasons for Germany’s invasion of Poland is more complex that a tricky media event.

9. Diane Joy Baker  •  Sep 30, 2015 at 3:40 pm

I don’t plan to see this film; I’ve seen too many like it. Leftist dogma has long ago crept into Science Fiction, too, so I’ll warn you against ELYSIUM, a TV film on FX, which lost my interest after numerous subtitles in Spanish, and sympathetic treatment of poor insurgents who illegally invade a paradisaical space station—where only the rich live. Here we go again: more “income equality” propaganda from the left. I’m sick of it. Until conservatives start producing better films, I may have to get rid of cable.

Hear what Michael has to say about Health Markets