Death of A Nation DVD Advertisement

No, The Gold Rush Wasn’t Racist

At Cal State Long Beach, a handsome statue known as “Prospector Pete” will be moved and sports teams will drop the the 49ers mascot because Gold Rush references now count as racist. One Native American activist said that “walking by a statue that’s put in a prominent place… that’s another type of trauma that’s being imposed on me.”

But if the Gold Rush that began 170 years ago was a calamity then California itself is a calamity. The state exists because of the fastest migration in human history with nearly 300,000 newcomers arriving to seek instant wealth. They included Chinese, Hawaiians, Latin Americans, Australians and even  Native people from outside California. The gold they drew from the earth built the federal treasury and helped make America an economic superpower for the first time.

1. Captainbinkman  •  Oct 5, 2018 at 4:13 pm

This is just an observation based on the behavior of the political left. They are truly asking for the removal of white people and anything produced by white people. First it's statues, then it's systematic removal (no representation or participation), then its the gas chambers. It's the same mentality and philosophy that drove Communist China and Nazi Germany. The devaluing of another human being based on race, ethnicity, religion, etc.

• Ty  •  Oct 6, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Part of the problem of the right is that too many of them confuse their filthy/trashy ancestors that fought for the cause of slavery and succession, a TRAITORS cause, as an attack on white people.

Don't remove the Confederate TRAITORS flag from the STATE HOUSE in its place of honor! That is our heritage!

No, you dumb conservative hicks… once again I am tasked to explain such basic realities to fools. More WHITE people were opposed to the south and their cause, opposition to confederate statues and the battle flag is opposition to that rotten cause those symbols and statues represent.

But the dumb conservative hicks of this world are too stupid to realize such basic realities. Remember, secular atheist liberals like myself Don't believe in abominable ideas like "the sins of the father pass to the son"

I don't care if some white conservatives mammy or daddy, or daddies daddy over a century and a half ago fought for a rotten cause. But too many of them want to place those men up on a pedestal and hold them up high, as if their efforts were something to be lauded and honored.

Eff that. I'll leave that dead end paean to slavers to modern members of "the party of lincoln"

I look down on people who praise those figures, screw anyones heritage, it's about what people DID and fought for and represented.

Not their GOD DAMN IDENTITY as fellow "whites" you obvious white identity whores.

• Averien  •  Oct 7, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Ty,

I don't know if it's the constant struggle getting the better of you, or if you are simply letting a veil drop. Your commentary used to at least be respectful, if disagreeing. And I could appreciate what you wrote in the face of adversity. It took courage to say what you believe in the face of constant criticism, and even attacks.

But now, you have sunk to the level of the worst commentators here, and begin with attacks. What once were thought-provoking disagreements have become bitter, angry diatribes that degrade not only your position, but you.

Return to the commentator you were in the past– your audience is far larger than the people who are responding.

• Ty  •  Oct 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm

I can try, but my efforts feel like I'm trying to sweep the sand from the desert floor here. At some point this morphed into more of me venting my frustrations at the inanity of right wing viewpoints. Even the post above highlights this.

The political left is asking for the "removal of white people?" And anything produced by white people?

That was the claim, a claim substantiated by nothing. Can you find some random sliver of the left population that believes something so insane? I'm sure you can, but it's a rounding error. And that kind of quiet insanity goes unchallenged daily here by almost no one but myself, a constant pitter patter and right wing nonsense based on blind supposition and assertions constructed more out of political convenience than any appeal to truth.

I point out, harshly, that the topic of removing statues and other symbols by the left generally revolves around the ideas that are honored in those symbols. But conservatives, as we see in the original comment, conflate the animus towards those statues and the causes they represented with an attack on whiteness itself. It's absurd, a deliberate scrubbing of any honest accounting of the critique, but again and again, the ACTUAL beliefs and arguments are discarded for some twisted caricature that is easier for them to denounce.

The examples of this and more are overflowing. But I am supposed to continue to be polite and genteel. I am supposed to be Obama in the face of a sea of Trumps. But I'm not some Jackie Robinson figure. I'm not that noble and good. Sometimes I just want to construct a black mirror to reflect back my own darkest possible interpretations of conservative impulses. And you know what? My reflections are often much closer to the mark compared to what gets asserted about the beliefs of the left.

• Captainbinkman  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Ty,

We can clearly see that such a mentality exists on the left when they say things like "Cancel all white people." and say that white genocide needs to happen. I'm not going to defend bad actors of the past, but that hateful crap comes from the left and just fuels the right. Also, your hate is very apparent and I don't know if that is a hatred for white people or just hate for people in general, but it's there and it's obvious. And how that applies to me is a mystery. You know nothing about me yet claim I'm a white conservative hick. Since identity is so important to you I will tell you that I don't identify as white or conservative. You do not come from a place of peace and acceptance or tolerance, but of hate and division. You are not actually trying to explain anything because you offer nothing but insults by identity whether that's via sex, race, ethnicity, religion, political, etc. AND you are not attempting to learn either because you automatically dismiss anything anyone says whom you disagree with. That is not discussion, or attempting to learn. If your goal is to persuade and teach, you might want to avoid assumptions and insults.

Stay decent out there folks.

• Ty  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 6:23 pm

"We can clearly see that such a mentality exists on the left when they say things like "Cancel all white people." and say that white genocide needs to happen."

Exists on the left? Yes. Pick any vile idea and belief and I can find its existence among almost any large political body of people. Irrelevant observation. How widespread is that belief? That is the important question. A question conservatives seem utterly incurious on knowing the answer to. Easier just to assume that the true identarians are almost all sourced from the left, and more than that, the right wing identitarianism that is visible with murderous intent is in large part merely a reaction to what was done by the left.

So much for that conservative sense of taking responsibility for ones own destiny, oh no, the darkness that manifests on our side is a fueled by the left! They made our people think it, do it!

As for the rest, what you are detecting is open hostility and contempt that bubbles up from inside me for conservatives. That is absolutely real. I cannot stand the way so many of you think, the deflections, the presumptions of holyness and innocence when the reality is so many conservatives are filled to bursting with the very identitarian concerns they presume are sourced from the left. You think the only people who are shadows of white identarianism were the tiki torch bearers and their supporters?

There is everything in between actual non identarian conservatives like Michael and people like Jonah Goldberg, to the Banonites who held up a racist screed novel like camp of the saints as warning against letting in too many non whites into the west lest we be overrun.

Immigration for nativist conservative Trump supporters is zero sum game central. More of those outsiders here, directly takes away from us. Or so the belief goes. Where did I get that notion? I heard conservatives call in on talk radio and say it directly, and in comments on conservative sites. That is what an awful lot of conservatives think. More seem concerned not merely about secular economic concerns, but cultural concerns as well.

I see differences between conservatives and liberals with how comfortable and tolerant they are with different levels of cultural difference, and yes, I think conservatives are worse as a group. If 100% of the US was white evangelical christian, I think we'd have universal healthcare already. Because it's mostly in groups dynamics, where you trust fellow white evangelicals MORE than non evangelicals (strike one), or people from different ethnic backgrounds (strike two), or liberal/left persuasions (strike-N).

When I advocate for a policy as a liberal, I don't pick apart the worthy and unworthy and try to separate out who is deserving or not. I want things like universal healthcare to cover all people. Conservatives? stick some work requirements on that medicaid, we know how lazy those people are… but wait… make sure to exempt OUR rural population, we know our good christian /white (all unsaid, but who are we kidding based on WHO was shielded and who was not)

That is not a universal policy, IF, as conservatives say, they have principled objections to medicaid with work requirements, why go out of their way in some places to shield the demo that most votes their way while maintaining the requirements for everyone else?

But no, nothing to see there, nothing about the rights on more subdued white identitarianism. I have absolutely #%^ing contempt for that kind of attitude. And no, I don't think this is about white people, I think any large dominant ethnic group would engage (and has) in similar behavior. But don't tell me it's not happening and not what I just said it is.

You conservatives have so much misplaced righteousness. The flaw is in government, it's in leftism. No, idi…. let me try to hold back. The flaw is in mankind. Obviously. That includes YOU. Conservatives can say they are for X, Y, Z because of kosher reasons A, B, and C all they want. But when there is clear evidence it's also because if not primarily because of reasons D/E/F which are much more underhanded for a lot of them, I get to point that out. Does that bother you all? Seem uncivil? Too god damn bad. I have good reasons for my contempt.

• ty needs counseling  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 11:04 pm

190 years of racism and violating human rights – the democrat party. Tyrell's party. And if being an identity whore is a crime, then you must have a lot of indignant self-righteous hate to spew on your fellow liberals. Oh wait…. I haven't seen that. You are the biggest hypocrite ever.

• Captainbinkman  •  Oct 10, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Ty,

You seem to be rambling uncontrollably.

But I will say that I agree on a couple points. That it is human nature, the blue birds fly with the blue birds and the red birds fly with the red birds. Everyone has biases, you included. That doesn't make people racist or indignant or undeserving of respect nor does it mean we can't coexist. But, are you telling me that the best solution is segregation? That seems very unamerican, but perhaps separation is necessary as long as it's voluntary. What are you going to do? Force integrate people?
        Liberals love to point to countries whose population are racially homologous and apply that strategy to the diverse population of the US. That will not work here unless you want to create ethnostates. Which might actually happen if things continue to go as they are. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to want to be around people who hold the same values, culture, religion, etc. It is silly to deny that human behavior. It's not a conservative conspiracy. Who want's to live in an environment where you are hated for your race, ethnicity, religion etc? I would say most people don't want to live under those conditions and if they have the option to move they will move to a more accepting environment. I'm less concerned with the fact that there are bad people, but rather that those bad people pursue power to yield against those they hate. The left holds a lot of hate, and they are consumed with the pursuit of power. And yes, there are mean hurtful people who are conservative just like there are mean and hurtful people in general, including you.

You have a fantastic day, Jesus loves you. 🙂

• Ty  •  Oct 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm

The people who bring up ethnic homogeneity as an excuse for why social democratic policies that work well in scandinavia won't scale to the US are usually the ethno nationalists. They say the reason such policies are tolerated in the first place is a greater sense of social cohesion and sense of brotherhood with their fellow Norwegians or Swedes.

And since the US is much more diverse, that same sense won't be as tolerated. They are right. That is precisely what we find, but my point to you conservatives that you keep ignoring, is the reason it's less tolerated is because people on the conservative side are the ones driving increased insularity. Conservatives are far more sensitive to someone not looking like them, thinking like them, believing like them, etc etc when it comes to social policy who they deem worthy and unworthy.

That is why I've pointed out why it seems conservatives seem to lean so much harder on charity (great, I get to personally inspect people to see who is worthy, and weed out the chaff and undeserving!). If the US was all left leaning liberals, with the same diversity differences, we'd have universal healthcare, because we are LESS sensitive to identity differences.

That is a superior moral/ethical attitude to have. And I set it above what I see as the center of mass of conservative sentiment and attitudes where you get VISIBLE examples of conservatives making policy that exempt their own voters and supporters from work requirements for medicaid while leaving them on for everyone else.

Why? Well, rural whites are more like us, tend to hold the same values and beliefs, share more of the same culture. We trust them, but those inner city people on hard times and out of work, that must just be because they are lazy or not trying. Not like our people, let's put on some restrictions on them since we can't trust them.

That kind of thought process and attitude is FAR more muted on the left than it is on the right. Deny it all you want, I have a small lifetime of taking in those very views by listening to conservatives talk about what concerns them.

Do not mistake this as me claiming that I am filled with some Jesus style agape love for all people. I'm plenty tribal too, have clear and definite in group preferences for who I'd prefer to associate with, and in some extreme cases work with. I would not get along with evangelicals that were so hostile to gays they would coerce their own children into anti gay camps to convince them to conform to religious bigotry. But here is a clear difference between me, a liberal on the left, and so many of you. My social policies for redistribution and universal healthcare, I want that extended towards people I am at odds with or even despise politically and socially. If some anti gay hating evangelical who disowned their own kid for being gay or sent them to reeducation camps got sick and could not afford care, I STILL WANT MY TAX DOLLARS going to help make sure those people got proper medical care and did not die for lack of funds, or go bankrupt.

I don't assume that most conservative people that fall on hard times and are out of work are just LAZY and want to sit on their ass and collect handouts, even though I am sure some are lazy. But that does not stop me from wanting to extend social safety nets to anyone in need.

I have LESS identitarian gate keeping for social policy than you do. That is my claim, and I am quite sure I'm on VERY firm ground making that claim.

2. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 8, 2018 at 5:12 pm

“walking by a statue that’s put in a prominent place… that’s another type of trauma that’s being imposed on me.” I have one thing to say:

Grow up.

3. Zionist and Proud  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 1:50 pm

The Democrats think anything involving white people is racist. Apparently even panning for gold in the river is racist now. Liberalism is a mental disorder. The Left is trying to erase our history. We need to fight back and kick the Democrats traitors out of our country.

• Henry  •  Oct 10, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Right on, Zionist and Proud. The right has finally come to the realization that the new left deals only in anger, hatred, and propaganda. But now the right has to come to the ultimate realization: that the new left is simply anti-American. It wishes to take down this greatest nation on God's green earth. 'Innocence until proven' guilty and the 'gold rush 49ers' are just the latest in a long string of evidence. It's time the truth be told.

4. Ty  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 6:33 pm

"The Democrats think anything involving white people is racist."

No, we don't. But it's a lovely assumption that makes it easier to write off the actual critiques about in/out group dynamics.

• Jim Bird  •  Oct 10, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Ty,
      Nothing personal but why have you never made the slightest bit of sense? Human beings don’t brain wash themselves by repeating Leftist bullet points ad nauseum. Please get a life, a girl friend, take a walk through a park, smell the roses for God’s sake! You are so depressing with your ramblings that I find it difficult to read any of Medved’s commentaries. Seriously dude, get some help. Please?

• Rizzo  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 9:06 am

That’s because he lives in or around a literal shit-hole, created by politicians he helped to elect, promoted by policies he fully supports. And yet, he can NEVER connect the dots. He is incapable…. he sees shit on the street and he celebrates abortion. He sees hypodermic needles laying around and he thinks isn’t same-sex marriage so progressive and great.

Ty is a total and complete ideologue 24/7, 365.
        Here is a link to the place he considers Utopia.

San Francisco is declared street poop capital of America by company that has made a map of feces.

• Ty  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 2:22 pm

I don't make any sense to you because we have completely incompatible world views and some of our most basic assumptions about how the world works, and how government effects society.

And we are in each others way.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 12, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Ty makes no sense, because in his worldview, left is right, up is down, black is white, right is wrong, girls are boys.
        Anything based on experience is old and bad. Anything new is good.

He lives in Bizarro-Land, and he wants to force it upon all of us.

5. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 2:20 pm

Liberals have gone too far. We put up with their hatred and blame America for the sins of the world. We tried reason and logic. We tried to understand. We tried to take the high road. We tried to be civil even when they were practically hitting our head over their screwed definition of words. Many tried defending themselves against accusation of racism, sexism and every other negative ism.

Then the Left showed their ugliest card. They don't accept the right to innocent until proven guilty. THAT is the bedrock of this nation. And it is valid in the court of law AND the court of public opinion. It is a right that you take with you no matter the setting. The idea that they can destroy a person's livelihood, family, reputation for a "job interview" is so incredibly offensive, it boggles the mind.

I live in a Blue state. I have family members that are liberal. But this, they demanding on deciding in which circumstances that we are entitled to this fundamental right has me looking at liberals differently. I have zero respect for someone that thinks a person can apply for a job, be accused of attempted rape, indecent exposure, gang rape relying solely on a person with the "good" genitalia word lacks intelligence and is sorely bereft of morals. It is heartbreaking to have lost the respect for half of the population of this country.

But it has happened because the Dems has finally crossed the line.

• Ty  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Yes, easier to dismiss allegations and assume they are false. I did not even want Kavanaugh disqualified for the stated accusations, I'd have voted no purely based on his politics and likely votes on the supreme court. But the ease at which you dismiss allegations towards your own party members, the good and noble people who unlike people on the left, are not men, they are angels! Because of the timing of the charges, they must not be true!

In my more twisted malevolent days, I wish I had the power to force all the people with that easy mindset to have their teenage daughters babysat by Roy Moore with him as the only adult. It's all smoke and lies right? OK, conservatives, then if you really believe that, how willing are you to risk your own family by putting them in range of a person accused of something? My guess is you will start getting real skeptical of the denials real quick, because in this scenario, people YOU care about might be put at some greater assault risk.

Such incalculably self serving people.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 13, 2018 at 11:50 am

It is not easy to dismiss allegations…. and that’s why you leftists make them. But, allegations with ZERO proof, evidence or corroboration of any kind, is COMPLETELY worthless.

6. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Ty, you are just proving my point. Do you have any idea what presumption of innocence means? Ford had zero evidence, no corroborating witness, and the points where Kavanaugh could have proven his innocence like WHEN, WHERE, WHY she conveniently don't remember. I was going to answer your question about my daughter making an accusation that could ruin a man's life, like my son. But again, the line crossed is that in this country, no one, not even a male, white, straight and Christian can be ruined on the word of one person. There are and MUST be EVIDENCE.

You choose to believe a person's word, based on her gender and her politics.

I choose to believe EVIDENCE.

That is the sad difference between us and liberal and conservatives. Ty, you have no idea the cost of the Dems hatred for all things Trump, do you?

• Ty  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 4:35 pm

Presumption of innocence applies most strongly to criminal law, where we use the powers of the STATE to strip away peoples freedoms or put them to death.

Even when people go to trial and a conviction is not made, typically it's a ruling of not guilty, NOT a judgment of innocence as Trump LIED about recently when he declared the innocence of Kavanaugh.

This is basic civics.

Here is the thing. I think Kavanaugh is guilty of precisely of what Ford said occurred. And I would NOT have disqualified him from sitting on the supreme court for THAT reason. Why? Because even if everything she described happened, it stopped short of an actual rape or sexual assault. The intent might have been there with the covering of the screams from the mouth, but it did not go there. And that matters. I do not WANT scarlet letters stamped on peoples faces dragging them down throughout life for past miss deeds, especially with enough time from the initial incident and based on the severity of the alleged wrong.

Now look at yourselves. Do YOU conservatives have that same attitude towards people Outside those precious little circles you cradle?

Of course not. If someone sold drugs DECADES ago or committed robbery DECADES ago, went to jail, served their time, you WANT to be able to know about those past crimes until the end of their days, you WANT to be able to hold that past misdeed over their heads and SHUT them out. They crawled out of the ditch, been clean and decent for over a decade? trying to climb higher to do better for themselves, their family, their community? Oh, what's that? a felony 20 years ago? NO job for you! Now let me KICK you in the face RIGHT back down that ladder.

Vindictive FRAUDS. Liars and frauds, you are some of the most judgmental people and vicious people and graceless people I've EVER come across. If they are one of yours, let the grace of society rain from the skies, outside the inner circle? F*ck them.

And don't even get me started on voting. Who are the people most focused on keeping past felons permanently restricted from voting to the end of their days? More people on the left or the right? You know the answer. Just stamp a scarlet F on peoples faces then, you want the stigma and restrictions to continue on?

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Ty, I agree with some of the people here. You make no sense. You are angry with the idea that a person who is found guilty, did his time, is not given another chance but thinks it's the same thing as a man accused WITH ZERO evidence, lived an exemplary life? You really don't get the difference?

It doesn't scare you to think that some woman can accuse you, cause you to lose everything you built, and you have no defense because she won't give you a date where you could prove her wrong if you were say out of the country, a place, where the friend you knew didn't yet live there, why she was there after all you didn't hang with the same crowd? You appear to dismiss the other two women; is it because all these memory lost of Ford conveniently leaves no way for Kavanaugh to defend himself and you to cling to your belief in her "truth"?

You seem to recognize that in Ford's case, it amounts to a teenage kid hitting on a girl. I can promise you those independent women voters have been hit upon and if they have any sense of fairness, they hate what the Dems did to Kavanaugh. They also have sons and husbands and fathers that could be put thru the same thing. And YOUR reply would be it's not a court of law.

Ty, why doesn't your reputation or your livelihood not mean much to you?

• Rizzo  •  Oct 13, 2018 at 11:54 am

Ty…
        “Basic Civics”? Really?
        You are the LAST person to be lecturing on basic civics.
        You know nothing of basic civics.
        You only know what you want, and you don’t care how you reach your ends.
        You are a typical Banana-Republic leftist!

7. Henry  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Ty, explain to us how you do not hold Diane Feinstein responsible for thrashing Dr. Ford. IMHO: (a) She had Ford’s story. She knew it couldn’t possibly pass muster. Otherwise she would have informed Grassly and they would have investigated right then and there. (b) Instead, she conspired with Ford’s radical lawyer (who SHE sent to Ford!) to sacrifice her. The plan was to raise it at the last moment to force at least a week’s delay. They were certain many woman would step up to make parallel accusations (they always do; think of ANY like case), or that Kavanaugh would make a misstep during his own impassioned defense. In any case, they knew darn well that Ford herself had no credible case. (c) Feinstein and this lawyer then hid from Ford Grassly’s offer to meet with Ford. And then they purposely leaked her story to force her open exposure, something Ford claimed she never wanted.

Well, the plan failed because, remarkably, no credible women came forward (the left now even condemns Avanatti for his role!). But, they still almost got Kavanaugh because he did make a misstep by mentioning the Clinton’s by name. Thank God the Senate did not fall for it. … So, tell us how, if you and the left so insist on respecting all accusers, … tell us how you do not utterly condemn Diane Feinstein for her pathetic behavior to an accuser who wished to remain anonymous. Feinstein should be censured by the Senate.

• Ty  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Don't play naive. The reason the case was held until closer to the confirmation was because of politics. Democrats are allowed to do that too you know. Her testimony was credible to me and many others, I happened not to think it rose to the level of disqualifying Kavanaugh (his ideology and past rulings are more than enough to do that heavy lifting for me) but the idea that Kavanaugh, and his black out drunk friend at the time had nothing to do with her reports, or that it was a lookalike that she mistook for someone she knew from before are laughable to me.

But as so many people are with these topics, you are insecure. You think that if you accept the notion that he might have did what was described, that means you would be forced to not confirm him. It's the same dynamic of Trumpsters pretending everything Trump says is a variation on the truth rather than his statements being filled with lies. I get it, you support him and his policies for reasons other than the particular veracity of policy x or y, identity based affinities, lying on democrats cutting medicare is tolerated because he is more hostile to immigrants and you might place higher value on the latter so you excuse the former. Your flaws as men are clear as day to me.

8. Henry  •  Oct 11, 2018 at 3:40 pm

Testing. Somehow I am getting blocked from this forum. Why is that?

• democrats are degenerates  •  Oct 13, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Sometimes the comments are delayed and sometimes they don't get posted at all. I don't think you are being blocked. I think they just have a poor commenting system. I find it frustrating that after about 2 levels you can no longer reply.

9. Rizzo  •  Oct 12, 2018 at 6:21 pm

And…. here is what Ty refers to as a “rounding error”, or a gross exaggeration. I refer to it as the modern-day, leftists DEMOCRAT PARTY.

10. Rizzo  •  Oct 14, 2018 at 9:31 am

Ty….
    Should we believe this woman? All women are to be believed, right?
    Is this sexual harassment or racism? It gets so confusing, who is the preferred victim in this case?

A black child’s backpack brushed up against a woman. She called 911 to report a sexual assault.

11. Rizzo  •  Oct 15, 2018 at 11:58 am

Another “rounding error” Ty?

Pennsylvania Dem forced to resign from local party over ‘Stand for the flag’ Facebook post.

12. Rizzo  •  Oct 15, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Isn’t Utopia GREAT?

Rich San Francisco businesses could face homelessness tax.
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco has come to be known around the world as a place for aggressive panhandling, open-air drug use and sprawling tent camps, the dirt and despair all the more remarkable for the city's immense wealth.

Some streets are so filthy that officials launched a special "poop patrol." A young tech worker created "Snapcrap" — an app to report the filth. Morning commuters walk briskly past homeless people huddled against subway walls. In the city's squalid downtown area, the frail and sick shuffle along in wheelchairs or stumble around, sometimes half-clothed.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 15, 2018 at 12:16 pm

The left are so caring, and charitable.
      They really know how to handle the poor and help them get on their feet.