Trouble in Socialist Paradise

The left regularly cites the Nordic nations as proof that socialism works but a new report from the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen shows trouble in paradise. Young people in Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Sweden show a sharp recent rise in “poor mental health” and the New York Times ran a recent headline proclaiming “Gloom in World’s ‘Happiest’ Nations.”

Clinical depression in Sweden increased by 20 percent in just ten years, while younger generations in Denmark report alarming levels of loneliness. In recent Swedish elections, angry voters gave right-wing parties almost double the support won by parties of the left, another indication that Scandinavia hasn’t achieved socialist Nirvana.

In fact, each of these countries still run mixed economies, where free markets play an important role, and recent trends should dull the left’s enthusiasm for their purported Nordic utopias.

1. happiness is subjective and overrated  •  Sep 12, 2018 at 11:29 pm

I've always thought that the "success" of these countries was largely due to their homogeneous populations. When they become as diverse as USA, they will have many more problems. Also, another benefit they have is that their populations are extremely small, so governance is easier.

• Ty  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 4:02 am

The homogeneous population argument making things easier is the go to argument for an ethno state or keeping non ethnic natives out or radically curtailing immigration. That's why the right is more prone to those kinds of policies, because the home for the nativist factions that want to live around people that look just like them is clustered much more heavily on the right.

• Ty needs counseling  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 11:26 pm

I see you didn't dispute that it is one of the reasons for the "success" of these countries. Ty, I know you hate the idea of an "ethno state" because you feel like you wouldn't fit in anywhere, but that doesn't defeat my point. And last time I checked, in most neighborhoods there is a china town, there is a latino area, there is a black area, etc. If wanting to live around people like yourself is so bad, will you criticize those groups for gathering together in neighborhoods? And please, don't try to blame it on white people.

• Ty  •  Sep 17, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Saying homogeneous populations cause less problems is a given to me. If you live and work around other people that are more like you in most ways, or more ways, it's easier to get along, especially if you are conservative and weaker mentally where such SAMENESS is more required for your fragile minds to function properly. The trick is having a society that is not structured on maintaining some ethno state where there are plenty of people that do not look like you and think just like you where you can get along and function too. You can't be too different, because then there would be more discord in the society. If we let in a lot of conservative muslims who did not believe in the separation of church and state, and wanting to apply religious laws to non muslims, that would be a problem and cause strife. But if those same muslims restricted those behavioral expectations to themselves and not others, there would be fewer problems.

And so it goes with christians too. The problem is that different people have a range of what they prefer to tolerate when it comes to differences, with conservatives being the most narrow of all. I get along with people if I share common interests, I do not care if they do not share the same religious world view as I do, so long as they do not try to impose their standards on me. At my job, before the guy left to do something else, I got along best with an indian muslim guy. I'm not indian, not muslims, I'm an atheist, but I loved interacting with that guy for totally secular reasons and shared interests.

Conservatives, especially social conservatives, are more strict, do people in my vicinity believe the same things I do? If not… I no likey!

The reason heterogeneous societies have more strife is made worse by conservatives because of how weak they are as people. IT's a problem.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 17, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Ty.… you are such a shallow fool.
        The ONLY thing that you focus on is SKIN COLOR.
        You're like a child.
        I can give you plenty of examples of people, from all different skin-tones under the sun, that are conservatives and don't hate America, like you.
        NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with skin color.
        There are some people, who believe in Freedom, and then there are those, like you, who believe in the Tyranny of Government.

• David  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Well said. Also, in these “socialist utopias”, if you do not put in, you cannot take out.
      Another point, a large amount of the revenues for Norway comes from North Sea Oil and Salmon farming.

2. Ty  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 4:08 am

There is another possible explanation for the data on unease and loneliness. Social media. I was listening to Jonathan Haidt and he mentioned that the use of social media is bad for peoples psychological health, especially for young girls that are comparing themselves to others.

Social media was not a thing a decade ago, and now we are seeing some of the fruits of these trends. Or… perhaps it's just because there are more non whites in the vicinity of whites and causing chaos and strain.

Easy to test this. Look across europe, which countries have had the strictest immigration policy, or perhaps try a country like Iceland without the same immigration flows. If they and other countries like them show little to no signs of strain in the relevant areas, and they are more pronounced in nations with more immigration, that will lend more plausibility to the idea that it's the aversion to being around people that are not like you.

God knows we deal with that here in the US. In Europe people are reacting against letting in millions of migrants over a short period of time that not only don't speak the language, but have different and sometimes discordant religious beliefs.

In the US, there is a language difference sometimes with people from mexico, but the religion is from the same background and it's mostly hard working people and our conservatives still go ape sh*t seeing those people come over. They see them as literal infestations, ILLEGALS !!!!!!! GET THE ROACHES OUT !!!!!!!

• Rizzo  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 8:28 am

You know who should see illegal immigration as a "literal infestation"… all the people, who you whine about daily, that can't afford their medicine, or go to shitty schools, or don't have enough food to eat.
      Illegal aliens are literally stealing resources from our citizens.
      So, until you start supporting controlling our borders, I don't ever want to to hear you complain about the poor, the sick and the hungry in America.

• Ty  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 12:15 pm

You ignorant hick, we already control the borders, we just did not have as acidic a man in the white house during the Obama years going out of his way expressing his contempt for non white immigrants like they were nothing but a plague that is a crime fountain, it does not MATTER that immigrants, both legal and illegal commit LESS crime, not more, fear fear fear is the lifes blood of the right. Without that ETERNAL siege mentality, more people would feel less constricted, less of a sense that having some illegal immigrants live here, TAKES AWAY From us, STEALS from us, finite pies, limited room on the life boat.

You EMBODY the essence of zero sum game thinking, and dare turn around trying to toss that mantle on the left.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 10:32 am

We control the border? How? In what respect do we "control" the border?
        You leftists are just flat-out FACTLESS!

Look at the data…. Please point to where there is any indication that we "control" the border.
        You can NOT be this dumb.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 11:02 am

Ty… Moron

It is a "Zero sum game", when it comes to illegal immigration. Local, state, federal governments calculate costs, based on facts. Facts, such as, population, age, health needs, education needs, etc. So, when you intoduce illegal aliens into an equation that wasn't accounted for, it destroys budgets. It destroys schools, food for the poor, and healthcare.
        Can you possibly be this damn dumb?
        I think it's totally clear, who the REAL DUMB HICK IS!

• Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Hey Ty, aka Ignorant Hick….
        You know what else is a “Zero Sum Game”,
        my finances! I’m not a millionaire, but you leftists will pillage my earnings like you own them, and by way of comparison, like you OWN ME.
        I have a budget. I plan around my budget. I provide for my family, with MY BUDGET! How dare you leftists invite into this country, MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS, then arbitrarily jack-up my taxes to pay for them.
        You people disgust me. You are the most scary, immoral people to litter this planet.
        You must be defeated!

• Rizzo  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 8:55 am

I mean seriously Ty…. you leftists create these problems, then bitch and whine about the results. You blame America, you blame white people, you blame everybody but yourselves. Take a look in the mirror. You leftists are the REAL COCKROACHES, leaving a path of destruction everywhere you gain control and implement destructive, lawless policies.

3. Ty  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I don't blame white people, I blame conservatives for many of the problems that persist in this country. Now, it's not surprising you would mistake my animus for conservatives for white people, I'm sure to many conservatives being white and conservative is almost the same damn thing.

But There are plenty of white liberals that agree with me, that don't want some shut down fortress America, that don't want to turn this nation into a quasi ethno state like Israel as if we are in a neighborhood surrounded by hostile enemies that just want to blow us up and slit our throats. At least the Israelis have more cause for their reactions, what is the rights excuse in America?

There are plenty of white liberals, and black liberals, and latino liberals, and asian liberals, that make MORE money than you, the same money as you, less money as you, that support policies like universal health care because they CARE about having a minimum standard of care across the entire society for ALL of the citizens, not just people with means. The liberals of this world have broader circles that EVEN INCLUDE YOU, trashy little conservatives like you who ONLY give a damn about yourself and your own family and friend set, but if something happens outside that that immiserates lives, no skin off your indifferent back. But the liberals, are HAPPY to pay more taxes so that not only poor minorities that can't afford medical care get it, but poor whites too, because WE are not the real identitarians, MY PEOPLE ARE SPECIAL !!!!!!!!! MY TRIBE IS GOOD AND HOLY !!!!!!!!!

WE ARE THE ONES WHO WORK AND PAY TAXES !!!!!!!!!!!

Get over yourselves, there is nothing special about you other than how much more selfish you are, vindictive you are, and how you are the worst strain of christians in the entire nation. I could not invent a group of so called christians like the evangelicals that were more in discord with jesus, their own savior, in attitudes. Turn AWAY The sick, LET THEM DIE if they can't pay. CLOSE The circle, raise the barricades.

CONSERVATISM is your GOD. Every word you speak confirms it.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 3:54 pm

There you go again, ever the shallow, shell of humanity.
      It’s not conservatives, or their policies that have opened the floodgates to the world population of poverty and allowed them to steal our resources, destroy our schools and literally take food out of the mouths of our poor CITIZENS.
      Not to mention how they have helped to bankrupt our healthcare system.
      Then you leftists all cry about the results. WHY?
      Your policies created the problems.
      Black, white and green…. no matter, it’s leftist’s policies that cause destruction for ALL!

• Ty  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 5:15 pm

The left created some problems, and so has the right, but only the left seems to give a damn about trying to fix past problems. The rights solutions usually just make things worse because their solution sets typically involve pulling back and letting the chips fall where they may.

Social security has a long term solvency issue? Cut the benefits, raise the retirement age! That is the conservative solution, or pull even more money out and let individuals put their own money into stocks, so it's even more of an individual free for all, where the strong and talented thrive, and the weak and sick and unlucky fall into a ditch. The perfect libertarian hellscape.

Or, you could just do the liberal solution, raise the cap of income where social security taxes are levied, problem solved without cutting benefits.

But to the conservatives…

Conservative : WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY TAXES went up !!!!!!!!! Oh no, instead of a million dollars in earnings free and clear, now there is only 970,000 in earnings, how will we Survive on such destitution?

Liberal: I honestly don't know, for people that react to such infinitesimal "burdens" I have no idea how you function at all with that weak/brittle little attitude. You truly do seem to think the tiniest slivers of taxation puts you just a couple steps from a gulag.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 13, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Spoken like a true TOTALITARIAN.
        It’s great how you use a millionaire as your example.
        Nobody is to feel sorry for a millionaire. But, the REALITY is, you leftists pillage much more than millionaires. There is NOT enough millionaires to fund your socialist utopia. You leftists must pillage MILLIONS of the middle-class as well.
        You are locusts. You know nothing but destruction of free-will and individual choice/responsibility.
        You live in a dream-world created by leftists caricatures of what they think the free-market is. Leftists hate free-markets, because at their heart, they hate freedom.
        History is littered with you pukes!

• Ty  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 5:35 pm

"So, in your leftist’s, moron’s, mastermind world, you get to decide what people earn, and can keep?"

I think you might have some of the worst reading comprehension issues I've ever seen. If you were tasked to analyze the implications of my positions and statements, and that is what you produced and I was in a position to grade you, I would FAIL you.

I NEVER suggested I get to decide what people earn. Some people on the left want income caps, that is NOT me. I want no such thing, I don't want maximum income levels, or even to dictate at a state level the earnings of private individuals in private companies.

Let the market set all that. But where we set the tax rates, is ENTIRELY under the purview of what is right and proper for government to do.

You conservatives JUST got done SETTING THE TAX RATES for corporations at a lower rate, was that illegitimate to set it at that level at all?

Once again, you dumb hicks mistake your animus for WHERE I as a liberal would set the bar for some position of wanting to dictate what people earn.

If Jeff Bezos taxes went up 5%, he would still be a hundred billionaire, he could still hit a trillion. This is the clearest stuff in the world, but you weak little conservatives can't help but lie. Fight me for what I am, for what I ACTUALLY believe, not made up crap.

And yes, it's easier for wealthier people like people earnings millions of dollars a year to absorb tax increases, which makes it all the more surprising that you conservative identitarians bitch the hardest when discussions are raised about raising taxes on those people. Middle class person earning 80k a year facing net income taxes of 30%, tolerable, but a person earning millions of dollars from investment income having a 15% tax rate jump to 18%?

SOCIALISM !!!!!!!!!! VENEZUELA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are nothing but clowns.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Ty…
        When you leftists decide that "rich" people, whatever the F that means, have to pay 70% taxes, YOU ARE DETERMINING WHAT THEY MAKE.
        I don't care if you're a millionaire, or something less…. The tax structure in which leftists propose, are IMMORAL.
        If government can tax a "rich" guy at 70%, they can tax ANYBODY at 70%…. the precedent has been set.
        The "rich" guy has EVERY RIGHT UNDER THE SUN to not be RAPED by taxes, just as every other citizen.
        You got it, you low reading comprehension moron?

4. Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 8:46 am

“tiniest slivers of taxation puts you just a couple steps from a gulag.”
    It’s a slow death of freedom by a thousand cuts.
    I think it’s inarguable, if you are taxed at 100%, you are by definition, a slave. So, every time government raises taxes, they are incrementally taking away our freedom.
    When has government ever done with less?
    NEVER….. they take and take and take more.
    ALWAYS expecting us to do with less.
    It is absolutely criminal the way they can just arbitrarily take our money, and essentially our freedom along with it.
    Government has PLENTY of our hard-earned money. They need to figure out a way to spend it better. One way…. don’t import the world’s population of uneducated, impoverished people.
    This isn’t rocket science. But, alas, even in its simplest terms, you leftists can’t seem to grasp it.

• Phillip J Powers  •  Sep 16, 2018 at 11:50 am

By way of clarification. The top 20% of wage earners in this country pay 83% of the total taxes. The bottom 40% pay none and the other 40% pay 17%.

5. Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 9:01 am

And, don’t you love how these leftists, progressives cling to old and tired failures, like social security in its current form. Does any see the hypocrisy?
    The left, “we love to destroy old tired concepts like the first and second amendment, and religious freedom. But, social security, in its current form is sancrosanct”
    The bottom line is, in the leftists world, it doesn’t matter if it’s old or new, if it works or if it’s a complete failure. The only thing that matters to a leftist is, does government control it? How can we give government more of our freedom, and how can they take more control of our lives?
    That’s it. It’s no more complicated than that.

6. Captainbinkman  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

I suppose this is what happens when you try to create a "paradise" by growing the State. The left keeps saying these countries are socialist countries… they are not and have address this asking that you stop referring to them as such. I have even heard the left say that America is a socialist country… WOW! Hey I guess since we all can't be rich, we should all be equally poor! HAHAHA

• Ty  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 5:44 pm

The left is confused about what socialism is, in part because the right has openly lied about liberal policies and called every other policy they disliked socialism. So if you have seem the definition of a word raped of it's true meaning for that long, no wonder younger people might have a different perception of it. Oh, some basic social services = socialism? Then I guess I'm a socialist.

Not strictly true, but that is how the meaning of language changes over time.

Listen to a person on the left, a social democrat, who does not have his head stuck up his @ss explain this.

Contrast that analysis, what what passes for analysis on so much of right wing media.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Basic social services? Really? That's what you think modern-day leftists stand for?
        You are waaaayyyyy more clueless than I ever imagined!

• Ty needs counseling  •  Sep 14, 2018 at 11:34 pm

Words can have many different meanings. In American popular culture, one meaning of the adjective socialist is a program that redistributes money from one group to another group for the personal benefit of individuals in the second group. I am sorry that you don't get this concept that words can have several different meanings. Maybe pick up a dictionary and see how it works. What other words are you out there policing and telling people how to use? Let me give you a hint, when a person makes an argument using a word, you first have to find out what they mean by the word. You have to do that with every political argument because most of these words have no real meaning – environmentalist, feminist, fascist, communist, socialist, capitalist, etc, etc, The words mean different things to different people – but yeah, leave it to Ty to only hate on republicans and conservatives for doing something but nobody else. T

• Rizzo  •  Sep 16, 2018 at 9:46 am

Ty… you ignorant Hick… learn the FACTS!

America Spends 25 Percent More per Capita on Social Welfare than Any Other Country.

Despite popular misconceptions, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) data confirms America spends more on social welfare than any other country—$13,500 per capita in 2009. This is nearly 25 percent more per capita than the second largest spender, France, and 35 percent more than Germany, Sweden, and other high-spending Scandinavian countries.

7. Rizzo  •  Sep 15, 2018 at 8:31 am

"The left is confused about…."
    EVRYTHING Ty, the left is confused about EVERYRHING!

8. Pat Patterson  •  Sep 15, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I take issue with the label 'Socialism' being applied to the nordic countries because to me, Socialism implies that the government controls all/most means of production in addition to redistributing some of the country's wealth. The nordic countries (as well as Canada, Australia and Japan) have more taxes, but in exchange for that they have extensive social safety nets. They still have capitalistic societies, but their citizens understand and accept that the government is always the guarantor of last resort when disaster strikes its citizens — be it illness, job loss, educational opportunity, or whatever. I'd rather call this kind of society 'accountable capitalism' or perhaps 'socialistic capitalism'. We are very much a society cut in this mold, but unfortunately we haven't done very well in the past couple of decades recognizing our collective responsibilities to repair our social safety net. We live in a society where capitalists whose fortunes depend on our current dysfunctional system (think energy, medicine, education, etc) can mount effective propaganda campaigns to vilify the voices on the left calling for reform — to maintain the status quo for their direct benefit.

• Nani Tavares  •  Sep 16, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Pat, the Left has academia, entertainment, and the media. They are the ones using Nordic countries as proof that socialism works. Propaganda is their forte. They have pushed the idea that we have a collective responsibility to take care of others. This "fact" allows them to steal money that we earned.

As for status quo, the Left has done a great job in disrupting the system of the "rich". Only the rich went and done a very human thing, they moved and took their jobs with them.

And on and on it goes. As Victor Davis Hanson says: the Left pushes ideology that doesn't affect them.

• Ty  •  Sep 17, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Hanson is full of it.

When liberals that make a lot of money in blue states push for liberal policies, that affects them in that it takes more of their income to go to people who are less well off than themselves. The difference between liberals and conservatives, is the liberals are not resentful and as selfish as conservatives are with the same scenario.

• Nani Tavares  •  Sep 17, 2018 at 5:56 pm

No Ty, the difference between conservatives is they know that charity by government force IS stealing. Liberals think it's fine to steal; as long as it's not THEIR money being stolen. Conservatives believe in humanity. Conservatives trust people to be generous and to help. Liberals think that people are generally selfish and uncaring.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 18, 2018 at 9:05 am

Nani
        You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! The leftists believe we are all selfish, Godless people, like they are. The leftists rape and pillage us, with their confiscatory taxes, and we CONSERVATIVES STILL GIVE MORE TO CHARITY than they do. We are generous people, who believe in the goodness of Humanity.
        Leftists think all people are evil, yet they want to give power to people, who will rule over us… their ideology literally makes NO SENSE!

• Ty  •  Sep 18, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Government programs are not theft, social programs are not theft. Once again conservatives RAPE the meaning of language and words beyond all recognition.

Nani doesn't like redistribution x DOES NOT EQUAL said redistribution being theft.

Nani is ok with public funding of k-12 education = not being theft is not the bar we judge things by.

Government is well within its rights to provide social programs that the people through their elected representatives sign off on. Don't like those rules Nani? Democracy and civilization is NOT for you.

Did you think only the social programs and services YOU signed off on are legitimate? You would, conservatives love thinking THEIR preferences and desires are more special than everyone elses. What YOU like, where YOU draw the lines = legitimate, and where the liberals draw theirs is not.

There is no more entitled group of prima donnas than the conservative movement.

You all are not special. You said it again, not THEIR money being taken, LIBERALS PAY TAXES TOO. Arrogant entitled little conservative gnats thinking THEY ALONE are lifting up the state of America and the world, thinking THEY ALONE are the ones paying taxes and spending money on social services. Liberals pay just as much as conservatives do at all income levels. You try to couch such taxes and redistribution as theft to mask something uglier inside you all that you are too cowardly to just say openly.

YOU DON'T WANT to spend money for other peoples sake that you give zero concern over. Fellow citizens mean NOTHING to you because of your personal attitudes and ideology, where conservatism is your primary guiding light. ME and MINE, so WHAT if others are struggling in some areas, I GOT MINE, and we are done. You want a portion of MY earnings to go to make other citizens lives a little less miserable? Make fewer people get hit with medical bankruptcies? Do "I" know them? Are they christian? Are they conservative? Do they believe the same things I believe? Then what would I EFFING CARE about whether they live or die, suffer or thrive. I WANT EVERY LAST DROP OF INCOME beyond the ABSOLUTE BASICS needed for government to function, mostly to protect my property from actual thieves. Indifferent pustules of humanity.

I almost wish I had the power to give you people what you SAY and PRETEND you want. I wish all the times your conservative parents and grandparents got sick and fell back on social programs like medicare to help cover the massive costs, it would just go away and then you could pay for ALL of it yourself. Don't ask anyone else for help, it's all on you, because in your perfect world, we are not a nation, we are nothing but a bunch of separate isolated tribes. I wish I had a time machine to send you back to the nation during the articles of confederation, that is a model you'd be be happier with based on what you all espouse.

• Nani Tavares  •  Sep 19, 2018 at 3:49 am

Ty, what part of giving vs. stealing do you not get? Conservatives favor giving to the poor and disadvantaged. In fact they believe in humanity so much they believe that left up to each person, the needy will be cared for. Yes, they elect people who promise to curb spending, to give back power to the people. And yes, they are frequently disappointed. But that doesn't change the fact that they have their money taken by force, which is stealing. The government steals from one group of people to provide for another and they don't so much as ask "may I?" Liberals are for taking more money as they believe that the fruits of a person's labor belongs to the collective whole. Conservatives understand the need for community cost such as the military, law enforcement that provides security and for most that is a cost that they signed up for. They even agree that there may be need for community care. But here is the difference: Conservatives have seen NO evidence that the government should be in charge of this. Liberals want government control, not only because they do not trust the average person but because they arrogantly believe that some people (themselves) are better equipped to make decisions and handle funds.

As for the past. In the past, families and churches and communities banded together in time of need. In the past, there was trust in our care givers, our teachers, our leaders. In the past, all were expected to contribute and no one felt entitled.

There is something very wrong with the entire socialist / liberal ideology. Just check out all the cities and states run by Democrats.

• Rizzo  •  Sep 19, 2018 at 8:16 am

If government programs, which are required to be funded by our hard-earned money, isn’t THEFT, then there is NO LIMIT to what government can take from us.
        It’s an admission, that leftists believe that ALL MONEY, AND ALL RESOURCES BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT. We ONLY get to keep what government deems we deserve.
        Individual people are too dumb, and too evil to make prudential decisions with our money…. yet somehow we are smart enough to vote. Individual people are too evil and selfish to have the freedom to make decisions…. yet somehow these SAME individuals become Godly when they are elected and rule over us.
        Leftists ideology is the dumbest, most immoral of them all. It literally makes NO SENSE!

9. Strich  •  Sep 17, 2018 at 6:27 pm

The question in the end is whether immigration should be regulated or not ?

10. Rizzo  •  Sep 20, 2018 at 3:27 pm

U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low for Third Straight Week
    Initial claims touch the lowest level since December 1969

11. Rizzo  •  Sep 20, 2018 at 3:30 pm

But, don’t even let a Nickel from social security be invested in this market!

U.S. Household Net Worth Neared $107 Trillion in Second Quarter

12. John R Brown  •  Sep 20, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Sooner or later people (including adult socialists) find out that Santa Claus is a fiction!

• Rizzo  •  Sep 21, 2018 at 11:18 am

And more importantly, FREEDOM WORKS!

• Rizzo  •  Sep 25, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Consumer confidence hits 138.4 in September, vs. 132 estimate
        September's index print is near the all-time high of 144.7 reached in 2000, the Conference Board said Tuesday.
        "These historically high confidence levels should continue to support healthy consumer spending, and should be welcome news for retailers as they begin gearing up for the holiday season," says Lynn Franco, director of economic indicators at the Conference Board.

13. Darrell Sparks  •  Oct 9, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Ty proves democrat socialists take advantage of idiots.