Underrated Presidents, Good Times?

Beyond his legislative failures, despite his futile feuds with professional athletes, GOP senators and members of his own Cabinet, in the face of feeble poll numbers and relentless condemnation from prestigious commentators, President Trump could yet preside over four dynamic years of peace, prosperity and progress.

Those who dismiss this optimistic proposition should consider six of Trump’s underrated predecessors. The presidents who served between 1868 and 1896 showed that it’s possible for the nation to flourish and rise without acclaimed, accomplished or even popular leadership in the White House….Read the full column at USATODAY.COM

(Visited 1 times, 20 visits today)

1. Jim Bird  •  Oct 18, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Michael, I’m completely astounded by your dislike for Trump on your show today and not for the congressperson who is making this juvenile lie into a reason for impeachment. She’s a serial liar and you know it, but you denigrate Trump.
    This is a non-story but you make it out to be worse than Benghazi. A five-word phrase of sympathy and you’re siding with the lunatic’s explanation of “what he really means.” I don’t know you anymore. Sad.

• Jim Bird  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Thank you, General Kelley.

• Ty  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm

I don't align politically with Trumps generals in his cabinet, but I think all of them should get tax paid year long vacations to Hawaii or some other tropical isle to detox after babysitting Trump for 1-2 terms. If it needs to be two terms, they should all be given medals and extra stipends for their service. Imagine being a diver and trying to keep a vampire squid from strangling a bunch of kids you brought along in tow. They need some sort of extra compensation.

2. Jim  •  Oct 18, 2017 at 7:15 pm

All you say is undermined by your stunning ignorance. I am 64. As a senior in high school I took a world religions course. We read from the Quran the 5-6 references to 64 virgins as Allah's reward for dying in Jihad. You said this virgin reward started 15 – 25 yrs ago. And yes, I confirmed this recently. So w a grain (Texas size) of salt I listen to you. Tnx!

3. Ty  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm

If the US does well over the next tortuous 3.25 years, it will be in spite of Trump not because of him.

If I were a historian, just to add a sense of flair and appropriateness to the occasion of a new book launch, I'd create a special edition of the Trump years of American History (… forces self to contain the bile forming at the thought) of a collectors edition of the Trump White house years, with both the book and a bottle of Gin.

This may be the first book in history with such a pairing, I could market it as a necessary aide when covering the chaos president. Just take a few gulps when the stories of the tantrums begin to flow.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm

If you were a historian, you would be a hell of a lot smarter than you actually are.
      You have proven time and time again to be an absolute historical illiterate.

Go read a book, you damn fool.

4. Jim Bird  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 12:40 am

I don’t tweet even though my last name is Bird, but I just went down Michael’s list of tweets and am flabbergasted by his vitriolic hatred for Trump! He wanted Hillary to win! She put $2 billion dollars in her pocket from her foundation scam of taking my tax dollars and laundering them through mostly terrorist countries. The evidence is irrefutable BUT YOU WILL NOT SAY A WORD ABOUT IT. SHE, Bill and OBAMA belong in prison but you defend them.

Your reasoning is “if any the triad were to go to jail there will never terrorist attacks by the democrats and the terrorists” – right? So your reasoning is if we do nothing, say nothing, it will all go away. And living under Marxism isn’t that bad when compared to rest of the world. Correct? Got it.

Without the slightest bit of hyperbole I cannot understand your radical Left turn.

5. Jim Bird  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 11:46 am

Oh my my my! Poor senator Corkhead, you’re so depressed. I’m so sooo sorry for you – you know what, I’ve a great idea! Add a pork barrel aporkpreation for a “safe space” cubicle in your office. How about that? You will need an environmental impact study, etc., but I am positive you can bring the project in under $2 million, you arrogant moron.

• Jim Bird  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 11:57 am

PS – Another great idea! Lease your cubicle space to other senators especially McCain, McConnell, Collins, Murkowsky, et al. Poor Bob, leaving office, please continue playing your infantile games – Do you, in your wildest imagination, think that 6 people in America give a damn about your feelings you imbecilic jerk?