Winning the War of Ideas?

The liberal author of a recent book praising “The Naughty Nineties” and the influence of the Clintons, came to a surprising conclusion about our ongoing battle of ideas. “I thought the left had triumphed,” David Friend told the New York Times. “I was wrong. The more research I did, I realized how huge the advances on the conservative side were, and how the ‘90’s were extremely important for the triumphs of the right we’re seeing today.”
He notes the greatly enhanced presence of conservative voices in media, on campus, within religious denominations, and in politics on the local, state and federal levels, when compared to right-wing impotence and irrelevance 25 years ago. David Friend once worked for left-leaning outlets like CBS and Vanity Fair, and if he’s right, then the startling 2016 victory of President Trump isn’t a fluke, but a reflection of deeper and perhaps lasting changes in the attitudes of the American public.
(Visited 1 times, 20 visits today)

1. Ty  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I've been trying to warn my fellow liberals about the rot of right wing distortion radio for awhile now. They often do not listen and have no idea what kinds of narratives and lies and cesspools are told about them and liberal policies and attitudes in general.

Even when a counter example of a liberal view comes into contact with one of the many acolytes of right wing hate radio and says they do not believe in X, right wing shills will still maintain we believe in X.

Now more of the right is migrating to youtube, not content with poisoning the minds of the older generations, they want to indoctrinate the young as well. It's why I chuckle darkly when some right ring reactionaries online start mouthing off about the media being biased against republicans or Trump.

These clowns have NO clue how much worse it is in conservative media circles. Idiots on the left and the right don't count talk radio and other non standard media outlets as media, but they are that and more. 24/7 editorializing of a hyper slanted vision of the world, all the while crying fowl of the liberal institutions with their more meekly slanted narratives.

It's one of the reasons I can't be a bridge to the right and left. I am no Jackie Robinson figure, I have heard too much trash, too many lies, too many misrepresentations. And I am not one to just let it slide and push on, I'm more inclined to take one of my gloves and use it to back hand the little spazzing right wingers to the ground than allow them to keep puking nonsense all over the ground in front of me.

• Ty is dishonest.  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 2:20 pm

You do the exact same thing to conservatives, so you have no right to criticize. You constantly create straw man arguments and even attribute positions to conservatives that you know are fringe among conservatives. Get a conscience.

• Ty  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I stated openly many of the views I articulated were fringe among actual conservatives when it comes to what they ACTUALLY believe. But large chunks of talk radio rhetoric is exactly as extreme as I described. And gold star proof via Rizzo comes in and proves my point that some of the short bus conservatives actually buy into it.

I also like pointing out, that no matter how you FEEL internally, when you make blanket arguments against government involvement, when you are perfectly fine with PLENTY of government involvement and restrictions on the freedoms of men in cases X, Y, Z, then you need to STOP being so god damn sloppy in your rhetoric and saying that stupid statement that government just inevitably leads to worse outcomes, writ large. IF you don't actually believe that, full stop, universally, then STOP saying that crap. If you are against a SPECIFIC government policy, attack that SPECIFIC policy, and stop sounding as dumb as talk radio and certain actual avatars of the dumbest exemplars of the medium.

• Tao  •  Oct 27, 2017 at 1:33 pm

This must be that famous tolerance of the Left I keep hearing so much about.

2. Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Well, well, well…. The baby killing assclown has reared his ugly head again.
    He fights against imaginary conservative bias and other make-believe adversaries.
    But, when confronted directly, by REAL FACTS, LOGIC AND REASON, he folds-up.
    You're pathetic. Where do kids like you spend all your time? I know, out in Cali, no basements… Does mommy make you go out to the garage?
    Do you get a good wifi signal out there. Seriously, how old are you? I only ask, because I have to know how disappointed I am in your ignorance and your apparent lack of ability to think clearly. If you're 20 or below, I might go lightly on you… Anything older than that, then you must be a first-class troglodyte.

• Ty  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm

You sound quite agitated, but keep telling yourself that your right, I know conservatives think those self assertions of having the correct views imply those beliefs will begin to extend outside your own confused minds.

Very amusing to watch.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 8:15 pm

One must only observe reality to know and understand that Conservatism works and leftist liberalism is a failure that keeps repeating itself over and over and over again.

• Jim Bird  •  Oct 19, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Ty,
        What Rizzo is saying is you are no longer amusing. Your inane pointless points make no sense, logic is absent. It’s no fun making fun of you any longer. He and we hope you’re at least in high school because we are feeling pangs of extreme guilt for maybe picking on someone who has no defensive skills in the debate. If you’re a kid, I’m sorry and I apologize. Please understand, no one reads your stuff.

• Ty  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 3:49 am

Rizzo reads every word, he just doesn't comprehend the arguments. I know this because so often he rephrases arguments I never made. I am starting to think he might have some sort of handicap, and if so, I apologize. I do not blame people for the lottery of nature or God.

• Rick Schwab  •  Oct 23, 2017 at 6:43 pm

The word is "you're," not your.

3. Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 7:24 am

Ty
    Read your own words, and try to comprehend. If you don't possess "the same scale of capacities as an adult human or a child human" or if you don't have the "same scale of self awareness", you are NOT WORTHY OF LIFE.
    So apparently, it is you, who has crapped-out in your own casino of stupidity.
    By your own definition, you are not worthy of life.

• Jack  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Sometimes I consider responding for to Ty but each of his comments gets so much wrong it seems pointless. And I think he does some of that purposely and some is his naïveté. Nothing worse than a dishonest debater…

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Jack, by all means, join in. You aren't doing it for Ty but for those who are reading. The Left uses the mob mentality to silence conservatives; the latter needs to know that if they take the time and have the courage to push back, they will not stand alone.

Also, I who thought she heard it all, has learned from Rizzo's and Jim Bird's challenge to Ty. I look forward to learning from you also.

4. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Ty has said many things that shocked me such as admitting that he does NOT see people as born equal. I understand that is the only way he and other liberals can try to justify stealing from the middle class to "level the playing field". Still, it was arrogant in the extreme. His insistence that some people are not capable of succeeding without help is quite sad and shows a lack of belief in humanity. Most people don't want to think the worst of people and it was nauseating to see the lack of compassion and tolerance in the left so bluntly confirmed. His narrative of "take one of my gloves and use it to back hand" misses the mark so often and so much that for a while, I think some were amused.

Unfortunately, like all liberals, he pushed it too far by admitting that his value for humans depend on their age and their perfection. This so repelled that it was like he added his own vomit and feces to the glove he is trying to wield. This has people screaming for the love of decency, GET A NEW GLOVE!

• Ty  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 3:48 pm

People are born equal in the sense as they all have some basic worth as human beings. They are not born equal in their talents and aptitude.

Are you saying you believe every individual is equally intelligent, equally talented? That all of humanity is a carbon copy and purely a function of environment and what we put into something? Because if I believed that, I'd join in with the full on Atlas Shrugged Randians and advocate for a free for all. But I'm not blind, I can see with my own eyes we do not live in that world. And there are different solutions to that reality.

Conservatives lean heavily on an internal locus of control. Most of what happens to you, is because of what you do, not because of what someone else has done. In the US, in modern society in 2017, that statement is basically true. So why am I not with conservatives instead of the liberals? Even though I am not completely on board the liberals with their greater focus on an external locus of control via systemic racism and oppression like Ta Nahesi Coates which Glenn Loury and John McWhorter take down in this bloggingheads episode?

Because as I have stated before, repeatedly, both the left and the right have an incomplete view of reality.

What you do and how you behave and handle yourself heavily effects your outcomes in life = True

The environment you are raised in heavily effects your outcomes in life = True

And now the missing piece.

What you are born with heavily effects your outcomes in life, including aspects like potential and the easy at which you can benefit from the other factors = T R U E

Look at the extremes. Someone that is severely mentally retarded, what are their job prospects going to be like in the free market? Answer, not good. Now, does that mean we should not help them? Not SOCIALIZE some of the costs of existence? Not pay for their health issues if they get sick even though they can't pay for it themselves? Of course not, we are not Spartans and going to leave the indigent on a rock to die. We're not libertarians (I'm sorry, I tried not to get a dig in at them, it was too hard – just blame my liberal lack of self control). Compare that to a person that is incredibly bright, learns to read at an earlier age than most of their peers, zips through highschool and college, what would take this person 15 minutes to comprehend, might take someone less gifted hours if not days of concentration and study. The SAME efforts it not required to get ahead for this personal academically, and by statistics with college graduation and education needed for professions, economically as well. This does not mean that such people can sit on their ass and be gifted success, these people still have to work hard and put in a lot of work, they deserve every ounce of success they get. But PART of what allowed them to achieve those successes is based on their innate talents. And those talents had nothing to do with how hard they worked, or how society is structured, it has everything to do with the lottery of nature, or more depressingly, who your parents were since smart parents tend to have kids. Lineage is destiny, and that is NOT a just world to have SO much of outcomes in life influences by who your damn parents were. Not just because of passed on wealth, but passed on talents.

Now consider another lesser extreme. Not something mentally retarded, just blow average aptitude. We'll throw in a more conservative focused trait that you all measure higher in, conscientiousness (greater vigilence and attention to duty, and a greater desire to fulfill your obligations vs those more disorderly liberal). This person does not slack off, he does his homework as soon as he gets home, does his chores, is kind to his peers and is a generally decent human being. He has lower test scores though, and lower grades, he punches above his weight because of his behavior (that still matters) but he does not go as far as he could because of what he was born with. Companies that are looking for results tend to higher people that produce more, not look inside their hearts. That's efficient cold capitalism, someone I still want to preserve, at least on the front end. He can likely get gainful employment, if he was in Kentucky he might work in one of the mines and provide a modest income for a family. But as we all know, much of this kind of work and opportunity for a more decent life, is drying up. In the case of mining, not government, but the free market and creative destruction came knocking, Fracking and a natural gas boom has pulled the bottom out of the coal market. Jobs are declining for the type of coal produced in Kentucky, where this guy works. He loses his job, he is having a hard time. IS this a bad person? If he gets sick and still makes too much by working a minimum wage job he took full time to make ends meet to qualify for medicaid (which some republicans want to be pulled back further) and he cannot afford medical treatment, should we turn him away and not help him pay for medicine he needs?

Should we rely on the charity fairy? How many people can this conjured fairy save? Can they see and tackle all of this kind of human need? Does the existence of people less sympathetic, people you conservatives obsess on like the cheats and the "takers" turn you away from policies like a universal healthcare system so that even people who have less or no ability to pay for treatment, and drugs needed, get them?

I have a solution to these problems. It's not to end capitalism, not to make everyone equal that you all LIE about the left all the time, it's to socialize SOME things so that we acknowledge the basic worth of a human BEING, independent of what they PRODUCE.

If you are opposed to that, then WHY am I wrong that you want the sum total of the worth of a man, even his life, to be based on what he produces? What is wrong about my indictment of you? I don't hear any arguments. Being responsible as a statement is not an argument, liberals want people to be responsible too, but we know we are dealing with human beings, not angels, we are not that saddled with a BLACK HOLE of basic wisdom.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 4:01 pm

You speak as though many things are not already socialized…. What reality do you live in? What aspect of life lacks government involvement and requires more sociism? All of these things you whine about are already under the thumb of government. Is healthcare not already socialized? What about welfare… Is that not socialized? Did you ever once consider that your solutions aren't working? I suspect not. That would require actual thought, not the regurgitation of leftist propaganda.

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Ty, you really, honestly, don't see the problem with your arguments? If being disabled or mentally challenged or LESSER is something that has little value, why not kill those kind of people now? In order for society to even the playing field, one must convince society that these people must be taken cared for, helped. But what if society decided that there is another option: eliminate them. You see, if something lacks value, even a little bit less than something or someone else, then that person has less right to live, to exist. Would you be ok with the decision to choose death? I mean, you can't even preach goodness and righteousness as you are a God denier.

I notice that Liberals, when backed into a corner will claim to be in the middle. But you've made so many admissions and they've proven to be so ugly, you can not seek refuge in the "fair" middle ground.

• Ty is dishonest.  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 2:06 am

Funny they you knock charity. There is a very large charitable presence all over this country. But yeah, demean all those VOLUNTARY efforts by people who actually care. You are an ignoramous.

And 50% of the medicinal care in this country is paid for by government. The only poor people who don't qualify for Medicaid or some other form of government health care are those that are of working age and not disabled. We have already socialized MORE than SOME things.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 8:29 am

To Ty is dishonest… Your name is great. All leftists are required to be dishonest.
        It is only through their dishonest incrementalism that they have been able to shift this country to the left and further away from our founding principles.
        By my count, Ty has been honest only once. And that was his admission to his fervent desire to kill babies.
        Thank you, Ty is dishonest, for your excellent contributions!

• Nani Tavares  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Welcome Ty Is Dishonest! We need people to stand with us, to let other people know they won't be alone if they decide to confront the Left's lies, and to learn from. Thank you for taking the time. Watch Rizzo and Jim Bird; you will find they have a way of bringing out the truth from Ty and people like him.

• Ty  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Many things are socialized, and they are socialized poorly. Instead of having a socialized medical system for the EXTREMELY poor, and the elderly, and veterans, in addition to private insurance linked to ever more mercurial employment in modern times, on top of the private insurance market and exchanges, it would be more efficient and cheaper to move to a single payer system.

Then everyone is covered, and everyone that pays payroll taxes or taxes in general (virtually everyone aside from people on some permanent disability or people with severe mental issues) will pay into the system. Now, what conservatives in their infinite selfishness and vindictive natures REALLY don't like about that has NOTHING to do with the efficacies of such systems. WE literally have a score of such systems in modern economies the world over that have some variation of that kind of system.

No, what they object to is the redistributive aspect of that system. After all, while most people might pay into the system naturally via standard taxes, wealthier people will end up paying a higher number than poorer people. More than they would be paying personally right now under the current system. The nation as a whole would be better off, we could save .5-1 TRILLION dollars to go towards more productive areas like say, more hiring, more investment dollars, more money to pay down personal debts, but conservatives are less concerned with the "General Welfare" mentioned in the preamble of the constitution that was CLEARLY considered part of the function of a working government. No, screw the general welfare, what about MY bottom line? So WHAT if a thousand other people burn and go bankrupt, is MY investment portfolio 5% lower than it would be after 10 years with this more socialized system of healthcare payments vs having a hodge podge of limited socialization and free market free for alls? No? Then WE DON'T WANT IT.

Does it help me personally? No? Then who CARES if it makes things better for most people.

One of the reasons I despise conservative attitudes, is that they are built on foundations of resentment and selfishness. An ethos that is less swayed by any sense of the common good, you are the more tribal people, the more tribal givers. That is why liberals are able to empathize with people that are not like them easier and faster than conservatives. For conservatives, something sometimes has to LITERALLY affect them personally before they start giving a damn.

You're more broken people, and I know you hate having some wayward liberal call you out on your rotten natures as I see them, but here I am. Holding up that black mirror and wiping away that angelic sheen you like to spray onto the cover. You are not angels, not in the slightest.

There are plenty of fantastically wealthy liberals that have no problem paying more in taxes to ensure that there are SOME (not all – stop LYING Rizzo and the rest of you deceit filled people) spheres of life where ones ENTIRE worth is based on ability to pay. That is what a purely private insurance market and healthcare system would bring. And charity does not fill the gaps, it's not that charity is bad, it's just fickle and lumpy. It gravitates towards cute and innocent, and ignores so many others in need. Children are the Giant Pandas of the charity world, what about all the creatures that might need help that are not cute cuddly looking pandas? What about some people who are not crippled, not severely mentally retarded, but still pretty marginal in what they can do who work hard and make just a bit too much to qualify for assistance in medical costs? On your own. We don't care about you, live, die, what's it to us. Actually, no, you care, just not enough to help pay for them. You want us to SHRINK the systems we have that help people, not help transform them to make them more efficient and better, you just want them to go away. And if I am wrong in that, then say it here and now, that you do NOT want to remove all the socializations that society offers via government? If you can't say that, then I will keep making the accurate charge that you want a free for all.

5. Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Sometimes, with someone as ignorant as Ty, I feel compelled to go back to basics.
    It's either basics, he has not yet learned in his high school government class, or he is just willfully ignorant, because those basic FACTS interfere with his end-game.
    He can form complete sentences, which implies some level of education. But, he lacks the clarity of mind to form well-reasoned, rational thoughts. I suspect he has limited knowledge of US history.
    For example… does he know there are limitations on government? Does he know where those limitations are spelled out? Does he believe there should be limitations on government?
    Does he know to whom money belongs?
    Basic concepts, such as those mentioned, he seems totally oblivious to.

• Ty  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Right Rizzo, liberals, and Ty, think government power should be unlimited. Actually, no, not enough. Not only should it be unlimited, but I should be King dictating terms to my subjects.

(Rizzo is just dumb enough to actually believe that – whatever caricature you all THINK I've painted of conservatives, he's done it a hundred fold of liberals and myself – but you see what you want to see)

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm

ok Ty… so lets do this step by step. Let's clear-up this caricature, together.

What are the limits of the federal government?

Where do these limits come from?

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Should government have the power to compel someone, as a condition of living in America, to buy something?

• Ty is dishonest.  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 2:16 am

You do that exact same thing to conservatives. You claim they believe in no social safety net and some kind of social darwinism where only the strongest survive. And that is a lie and you know it. Most republicans are okay with a reasonable safety NET. But is a temporary assistance when you have an emergency need. What republicans don't generally support is life-long assistance to people who are not physically or mentally disabled. That is the kind of thing your side supports. And republicans generally think social programs should be on the state NOT federal level. And republicans believe in a robust private charitable system. Facts show that conservatives give more time and money to charity and that they give more blood and tip more. I think they alone destroys your charicature of them. If you had an open mind you would have already changed it and quit arguing your strawmen.

• Ty is dishonest.  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 2:52 am

Beyond what percentage of Income does taxation become unjust? You say you think government power should be limited. What should be the limiting percentage on an individual's income? And what percebtage of the GDP is too much for government to consume?

• Ty  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Most conservatives are ok with some safety net, and they almost NEVER effing SAY that. Look at Rizzo, he spends every waking moment trying to tear down the basic legitimacy of that enterprise, as if it's not even worth bothering to improve or make better. Listen to talk radio, private health accounts? What about lower earners without the money to put into those? That enshrines second class care for second class people. At nearly EVERY effing TURN conservatives push to move us to MORE of a free for all. Not content with the gains we've made, they want to go backward. I've heard several callers to talk radio admit openly that we need to stop taking anyone that shows up to an emergency room. The law Saint Reagan passed they don't even support. And if they do support it, they don't want to create a system that better socializes the cost they IMPLICITLY must support if you are forced to take ANYONE at an emergency room, even if they cannot pay.

You all are an ideological mess, and the problem is the ideology itself. Most of you are not wicked and evil, but that twisted ideology of ME and MINE before the world pushes you to adopt rhetoric and policies that actively push us closer to some social darwinist world. Where the strong and talented and able and driven get ALL the rewards.

I want them to get MOST of the rewards, and the left over used to prop up those less gifted or lucky. Because such people and realities exist, and cute kids are not the ONLY groups that need help in life and that is where the charity fairy spends most of her time.

But to prop up the less gifted or lucky is seen by so many of you as enabling those people, of poisoning the well. Your nihilism and distrust and assumptions of intrinsic laziness in your fellow man is so deep you want to refuse aide to such groups for fear some of it if not most of it will to the "undeserving"

That is why you like to rely on charity so much, even though we know it does not scale as well. Because then you can better PERSONALLY inspect every case to decide who lives or dies, who gets help and who is cast aside.

Do you think we liberals expect there to be zero lazy people and cheats? We know there are, but I'd rather help 10 decent people along with a few cheats, then allow none of the decent people to be helped at all.

This is a CONSTANT difference between the modern liberal and conservative impulse. Conservatives are such dark and mistrustful people that as I said above, they HATE helping the lazy MORE than they LOVE helping the decent. And if fewer decent people get helped because of their nihilism and mistrust, so be it.

I happen to think that is a ROTTEN impulse.

• Ty  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Rizzo, the government is limited by the constitution and ultimately by the will of the people. For the latter given enough will can change the constitution.

Where does the government compel someone to buy something in the US as a condition of living here? You mean the individual mandate? You don't have to buy health insurance, if being taxed more heavily because of not buying healthcare is what you are talking about, then yes that is allowed. You are not forced to by anything. But you pay higher taxes if you don't. If you do not like that, take your issue up with John Roberts, the conservative appointed Chief Justice.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Ty
        Perhaps you would like to have a gay-tax applied to you, or maybe a Godless Heathen tax.
        Or buy a gun to protect yourself, or you pay extra taxes for the police to protect you.
        This type of coercion is far from Constitutional.
        And yes, if you want to change the Constituion, by all means, amend it. But, meanwhile, quit ignoring, neglecting and destroying it.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 4:58 pm

"Mistrust of people"?????? You make ZERO sense!
        Freedom, TOTALLY TRUSTS PEOPLE! Ya moron!
        Nobody will ever spend money more wisely than the people who earn it, and I TRUST THE HELL OUT THOSE PEOPLE!
        It is precisely the opposite, LEFTISTS, that don't trust people to do the right thing. Leftist desire to CONTROL EVERYTHING based on their mistrust of people!
        Are you a friggin' lunatic?

• Ty  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 6:46 pm

You're partially right. The left does not trust people to do a great many things, but the mistrust is placed in different areas. They do not trust people to push aside SOME of their own selfishness, sans state coercion, for the greater good of society. And unfortunately, they do not trust poorer people to make proper decisions and so want to micromanage. That is one of the perks of ideas like a basic income, less micromanaging of perform x activity and get y reward like a monkey, and trust that people will make decent decisions, but still preserves some helping hand for people in need.

But the right does not trust that people will make decent decisions if they are given a helping hand via redistribution. Because to them, people in need of economic help in the first place, have proven that they have flawed and rotten characters. That is WHY they are in such positions in the first place. They cannot be trusted, they cannot be given handouts because it would just be wasted. Conservatives want freedom for such people, but its the freedom to climb out of the gutter unaided, and AFTER they have proven themselves in some small ways, maybe the charity fairies will take pity and give some extra help. But there are always conditions of aide. Strings on the help, they do not trust people to have string free help and assistance, because at their core, they distrust people who are down and out more than any other group in the nation.

This deep pessimism must die, or at the very least put to the test. Is it true that we need to be that cynical about people that are given help?

This is why I love liberal people, and to their credit a few conservatives and libertarians that broke out of those THICK conservative dogmas. They care enough to at least entertain the idea that there might be better ways to help people.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 24, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Moron…. Conservatives GIVE FAR MORE THAN YOU LEFTISTS!
        The left FORCES THEFT UPON PEOPLE.

And you are CORRECT, when people are given money and begin to feel entitled to money that does NOT belong to them, they can NEVER be trusted to spend that money as wisely as the people who EARNED THAT MONEY! This is INDISPUTABLE!

• Fungah!  •  Nov 7, 2017 at 4:13 am

You guys are talking at each other and not with each other. Too much vitriol for a productive conversation.

These are complex issues and worthy of debate. The only moron is the person who resorts to insults and name calling instead if meretous arguments.

The biggest problem is the inability to clearly define the problem and then discuss the solution.

6. Nani Tavares  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Rizzo, regarding Ty's support of the genocide of babies:

I never had an abortion but I have lost a child. Years later, I still mourn for the child that would have been born between my first daughter and only son. Though out the years, I have spoken with many women who have had an abortion, some as much as 3. I've listened to their justifications; anywhere from it just wasn't the right time to a defiant "I used my reproductive rights!" Yet, you can hear it in their voices and the catch that pauses a sentence when a child comes into view. As a Christian, I believe that when we were made in God's image, it means that God lives within us. For the deniers, they too feel a desire to do good and make things better. Each woman, as I said in an earlier post, feels the changes within her body and the "dance" her hormones performs when she is carrying her child. When that child is removed for whatever reason, that piece within her, call it God or humanity gets chipped away and it hurts in a way that only a parent who has lost a child can understand.

And that procedure to clean out my womb is the SAME procedure (Suctioning out) that is used in first trimester abortion. I have had 3 live births and I can tell you that procedure HURTS big time. After it was over, I was shaking and I remember thinking, "they do this to women!" And to 13 year old rape victims!

Ty and anyone that supports genocide of the unborn need to research this for themselves. The medical information is there and they can absorb it without political or religious commentary. How are abortions done? What parts of the baby is functioning? For the sake of decency and if they truly care about women, they need to stop listening to the propaganda and connect the dots for themselves.

• Rizzo  •  Oct 20, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Nani… I am sorry for your loss. But, what you have described, is not only supported by the left, it is PROMOTED AND CELEBRATED. It is the THE CORE of the Democrat party.
      Who could have ever imagined a political party who's foundation was built on killing babies?

7. Rizzo  •  Oct 21, 2017 at 2:05 pm

For Ty, from The Daily Koss, 2009.
    A basic civics lesson

8. Fungah!  •  Nov 7, 2017 at 4:00 am

Once again we come back to the concept of federal vs state authority. Most of what Ty is advocating is the province of the states as defined in our constitution. Let the liberals and conservatives work the details out at the state level. If they find a great solution that the nation want to adopt at the federal level, let the amendment process make it so.

So let's say Ty comes up with some socialist solution to healthcare for New York. If New York can make it work without federal aid, he may have something. Good for Yankees fans! It would be somewhat dictatorial to force the same plan on Florida if they don't want it.

This is where both the liberals and conservatives keep missing the bus. Work the experiments at state and local level and stop trying to force policy at the federal level. I don't want Californians dictating policy to Alaskans or vice versa.

If Oregan wants to legalize gay marriage and baby murder, that's up to them. If Wisconsin doesn't, let them do as they see fit. Folks will move to the state that reflects their values. Once the feds get involved we're all equally screwed.